Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray X-5 vs Joey

RussC

Can anyone here give me a first hand experience account of how these coils compare to one another? I`m finding that the areas I`ve hunted are loaded with trash(parks and picnic areas) and nails and assorted other ferrous junk around the old homesteads.

Thanks, Russ

I find if it is solid nails and other trash than the 5 inch is the only way to go as it has excellent seperation of target. Now if it is moderate trash than the Joey is the coil I use as it seperate much better than the stock coil as it gets into tight spots, feels good on the end of the shaft as it is not so heavy. I have found a few area where there is so much trash I have to use a 5 inch coil. They both have their place, the Joey gets better depth and better coverage, but the 5 inch will get into the trash and pick out the good targets.

Just realize that a 5 inch coil REALLY limits your depth. I've used both and I can see where the X-5 will come in handy in a super, super trashy spot. But the Joey coil is what I would recommend for most trashy sites. I know it happens, but there aren't very many good old coins in the 3-5 inch depth range and thats about all you're going to get with the X-5, maybe 6 inches if the ground is real clean. But who would use a 5 inch coil if the ground is real clean?
Neal