Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray X-1 Switch

grassguy

Just received my E-Trac and Sunray X-1 probe. I indicated that I swing with my right arm when I ordered my X-1 & I assumed that that meant that the toggle switch would face left (towards me when I sit the detector down). My switch faces right???? Am I missing something??? Thanks in advance for the help!

Ken

Sounds like they sent you the wrong mounting. If you swing with your right, the switch should face left. Although, I don't think it would be too big of a problem. It makes it harder to visually see if it is on the right coil, but would prevent hitting the switch when you stand up from digging.

Just making sure.... you do have the rod mounted so the box in on the bottom..... right?

Jason in Enid said:
Sounds like they sent you the wrong mounting. If you swing with your right, the switch should face left. Although, I don't think it would be too big of a problem. It makes it harder to visually see if it is on the right coil, but would prevent hitting the switch when you stand up from digging.

Just making sure.... you do have the rod mounted so the box in on the bottom..... right?

Thanks Jason. Yes, the box is on the bottom. That was actually my first thought. I did quite a bit of research on this forum and apparently people forget to switch back to the main coil, so I am concerned that it is on the wrong side. I am sure that the vendor will make it right.

I started detecting 1 year ago with a Garrett GTP 1350 and have found some great spots (1 in particular). I have made many interesting finds; but I wanted to "step it up" with the E-Trac. I am stoked receiving it and can't wait for the rain to stop. Thanks again for the help!

Ken

It only takes a few times leaving it on to know very quickly what's going on.....but; it is embarassing, even by yourself. :blush:

NebTrac

Yeah, I think I have forgotten to switch back to the coil twice. It doesnt take long of hearing NOTHING to make you check your switch. Now, it is an automatic movement when I clip the probe back to flip the switch forward.

I called the vendor and my suspicions were correct. I received the lefty version. UPS as already picked up my replacement and I should get it Thursday. Thanks for the quick answer everyone!!

Ken are you sure? When I got my probe I thought the same thing, I am also right handed and have toggle on the left when the switch box is underneath. I even got so frustrated that I called them up....nicely... and told them what happened. Then after another closer look I realized that the shaft DOES fit up into the control box. Even though the angle looks wrong it does actually fit.

Sounds like you have it all figured out though and they did make the mistake.

I can not see where it makes any difference which side the switch is on. It's just as easy to turn on or off on ether side. J.M.O.

albuilder said:
I can not see where it makes any difference which side the switch is on. It's just as easy to turn on or off on ether side. J.M.O.

I am right handed when I kneel to dig my plug I of course place my detector to the right of where I;m digging so if the switch is on the left side of detector it is visible and very available to switch back from pinpoint and discriminate.

When I spoke to them they told me to check the "sharpie" mark in the top of the shaft. There was an "L" in the top of mine which meant that it was for a lefty, with the switch on the right. Not sure if there is an "R" in the other version; but I will once the UPS guy gets here.