Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray S-12

uk ninjafox

Got myself a new sunray s-12 for my GT, just wanted to no if any of you guys have cut the coil lead down, and if so how long, does it make much differance.
There just seems to be a lot of it, Thanks

Hey ninjafox. I have not cut the coil lead on an S-12, but did on the BBS for the Excal. My original intention, was strictly aestetics. This procedure was performed at the factory. I had the tech cut the coil lead to 40". This was for use on a Lightening Rod. What ended up happening, was it not only cleaned up the looks of the unit and eliminated several coil wraps around the stem, but performance increased. I felt like the sensitivity and stability increased substancially over stock, after this mod was performed. Try it, you will like the result, if for no other reason than aestetics. GH

Hi Gulf Hunter, I cut my own stock bbs lead which i also think it made an improvement to the running, looks ect.
Its quite easy to do, i would recommend it to any diy-er, i was just hoping that someone had done it to the sunray s-12.
Thanks for the advice, Trevor