Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray probe for the etrac

"Reasonable" is relative...used ones will always bring 200.00 plus...check the classifieds here,34567,treasure 465738...they are quite nice to have,if you haven't used one.

There isn't such a thing as "a reasonable price" for an X-1 these days.----The ones I've found listed (and even those rarely come up for sale) are going for $250 to $295.-----As I remember, Ralph (Sunray) was selling new ones for $190 at the time he discontinued them.------I've used them for years--they are really nice but you pay to get 'em now-a-days.
steve1570 said:
How can I find a sunray probe for the etrak. At a reasonable price. Thank You

Considering the popularity of the Sunray type probe, does anyone have any ideas why another manufacture hasn't developed a new one for the E-Trac?

Cost of production and actual sales.
Indotguy said:
Considering the popularity of the Sunray type probe, does anyone have any ideas why another manufacture hasn't developed a new one for the E-Trac?

Indotguy said:

Engineering expenses and current patents may play a part. Although there is always a fair amount of interest from the eTrac/Explorer users for these probes,that is no guarantee to any company that their money would be well spent developing one if they could. In all reality the price would likely be higher than a good used one now,so it just makes sense to try to locate one through the forums and spend the 250-300 dollars.
That being said...the earlier ones were 9" long,the later ones were 6" long. One day in a fit of bravado,I removed the upper cap of my 9" model and carefully cut 3" of the tube off. There was nothing in there except for spray styro to keep the cord from moving around so it was a breeze to shorten it up. I resealed the cap and cable and voila!....6" model. Im not condoning doing this,just saying it CAN be done,so don't be scared of the 9" one if that's all you can find. It CAN be shortened as long as you have SOME kind of brain....

49 .you mean 109 Del....... he has the market cornered.. ..LOL....... Ralph could call him for parts if he still made or repaired the probe ..:rofl:.......:poke:

I seen a couple people talking on another site about they had one and wanted to trade for a coil. Send me a PM and I will find the person for you. I seen it today.
I have sunray probe on my etrac and F75. Love them. Never have to carry a extra probe and deal with batteries for it priceless

If you're hunting clean sites where your target is by itself most any pinpointer will do. It's the trashy "more than one metal item in a hole"places where the X-1 really shines with its discriminating abilities. It's the one thing I wish was available for the CTX,as most of my sites are trashy to some degree. A lot of the targets we're hunting are those left behind by others,because they're skewed by the nail or pulltab next to it. That being said,the prices are getting silly. Not silly enough to sell mine though...

mascard1 said:
I use a Ace250 box..(Sens. Turned up high)has a Sunray on it.. clipped to belt..for the 3030..

Mascard-Can you put up a pic if you have time please? Never thought of something like that!

Would be cool to put into a smaller box..dont need screen..just tones.........One day!
Man that probe looks long in one picture.....only 6" probe.....could use a Teknetics machine...And a Sunray for the Fisher...tones might be a little more mellow?
That bong is killer sometimes......

IDXMonster said:
mascard1 said:
I use a Ace250 box..(Sens. Turned up high)has a Sunray on it.. clipped to belt..for the 3030..

Mascard-Can you put up a pic if you have time please? Never thought of something like that!

That's one of the most innovative things I've ever seen for detecting,just "out of the box" thinking. Excellent!!