Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sunray gold headphone settings

se stan

just got the sunray gold phones today.once on the se the left side which is the limiter switch sounds the same in both positions i usually hunt in max volume and like to hear the faint signals. its screaming high in both positions.instuctions say it will vary in different machines. also the right side mode swich is silent in one position and working in another.is this all normal maybe the se does not work with the limiter function.called ralph at sunray and he seems of gotten ill and is in the hospital.

I may be wrong, but I thought one of the switches was to allow use on a different frequency for some different machines....I have a pair of the phones and use them on my etrac..They are very comfortable to wear and for me, as far as comfort and shutting out outside noise, are a great improvement over the AccuSound Gold Edition phones I was using...

mono...and the other for stereo. ...but I' can't remember.

What I do know is that many times when I put them on...the SE is silent because the toggle switch got bumped to the wrong position.

It seems at least 50% of the time I have to flip the one toggle for the sound to come out.

The limiter...to be honest I never even notice any difference in either position...and I know I've bumped it from one position
to the other many times:detecting:

Whichever position it is in for that day is the one I use it in:cool:

Take care

bryce , you run them at max gain or you turn them down a bit? those phones are big time louder then the accusound golds i used to use.
nice and crisp phones i like them.wanted to do a little testing at the beach in front of my house but the rain looks threatening here in jersey.
might be more rain for the weekend:rage: also picked up the x-8..

barely audible hum...then I crank the sunray headphone volume all the way up:detecting:

That's just my personal preference though...and it might drive some people nuts.

I also like the high treble tones the sunray's give off over silver...but again..that's just another personal preference of mine.

We are getting tons of rain here too:ranting:..in fact my hunt yesterday was in about 6" of muck and slop:crylol:

Take care stan

It's been awhile since I messed around with this but if memory serves me correctly...

The explorer head phone jack is wired in series, the output is wired to the left and right and goes through both speakers instead of a stereo set up with a common and right and left side. Some detectors are this way some aren't the switch on the head phones can accomodate either. I know on my GGs I had to toggle the switch to go between my periscope probe and my explorer until I made up a special connector cord.

Chris