Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunny was asking about Stanley Park.....

ojm bc

Stanley Park is Canada's best known urban park and a landmark of Vancouver.If in Vancouver it's a must see.In 1988 it turned 100 years old.It is rougly 250 hectares of mature forrests,meaning over 100 years old.It is a good spot for metal detecting,I found my oldest coin there a 1900 little five cent.(fishscale,because they are so tiny).There are just too many good things to mention about the park,hope this gives you a general idea.The picture insert I shot a few months ago,it is called the Hollow tree,big enough for the old Mode T's too fit inside the hollow tree. ojm bc

n/t

A park that old has lots more goodies in store too. It's simply turning left instead of right sometimes. Beautiful pic and park !:clapping:

of these beautiful old trees or what?? Looks like a great place to be and I appreciate the photo! :)

Nature can be vicious sometimes. That's a shame about all the damage, but maybe after it gets cleaned up, it won't be as bad as they thought. Still, I hate to lose wonderful trees like this, no matter where they are! They are so much a part of our history! Thanks for the information, I have learned something today! :)

...man soon as I found it,I was so thrilled and phoned Willy on the cell phone.As you can see in pretty top condition.I posted this a few seasons ago.I still have it and like you say maybe take a left instead of right. Found at Stanley park. ojm

And finding any quarter that's pre-1940.....well, if that doesn't excite you, then this is not the hobby for you. A coin like that doesn't come along often and I guess that's what's so special when they do. I'd take a find like that on ANY hunt !!:clapping: