Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunny lives in an exclusive area!! Mansion right next door!!!!

Royal

n/t

n/t

I once saw a sawed off school bus attached to a house as an addition!! I saw a picture of one something like it on the web once too!!

or someone had a plan at one time. I think he decided to make a mansion instead:rofl:

[attachment 82696 1849395745_810745f713_o.jpg]

n/t

n/t

n/t

Houses incoporating airplane canopies left over from the Comox Airbase as windows and skylights. Sod houses with goats trimming the grass on the roof. One house was made completely of salvaged driftwood from the beach and the roof was made of shingles cut out of old tires, the hippy who lived there figured his roof was good for 50 years or 50,000 miles whichever came first.:lol: There's a guy selling houses in Panama that are made out of recycled reefer containers (cold storage not ganja), two containers stacked at right angles to each other make a pretty cool house and it's already insulated and air-conditioned.
Where human ingenuity comes into the picture you never know what your going to get.:thumbup:

Cheers,

BDA:cool:
Did I ever mention that I'm a 3rd generation builder, so this stuff I always find interesting.

many years ago and I have no idea where that was built of stacked cord wood. Well it was short logs as the wood was not split. It was a good sized house too. They must have chinked it with mortar or mud. It was a dumpy looking place as I remember it

But the one in the middle is a houseboat if the great flood comes again. Heck, they even have a fish pond in the front yard. Fishing hole? Swimming pool?

[quote Royal]many years ago and I have no idea where that was built of stacked cord wood. Well it was short logs as the wood was not split. It was a good sized house too. They must have chinked it with mortar or mud. It was a dumpy looking place as I remember it[/quote]

That's a cordwood house, Royal. A very old design, right up there with the sod house. It makes a mean little shelter but it will get you through a couple of winters until you can build a real log house. I have seen 2 cordwood houses that were really well done but the big problem is with the wood shrinking over time and they get drafty unless you constantly rechink them. On the plus side, if you can stack wood and sling clay you can make one of these houses.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

n/t