Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday's Story For You--Today

Arkie John

A Story for You

Recently, a man was invited to attend a very special dinner being held at a place he had been dying to go for years. This dairy is a self-sustaining, organic farm. The delicate balance between man and nature is in perfect harmony as all gives their best to create a product of impeccable quality. Each year they host several "dinners at the dairy" and within 30 minutes, those dinners completely sell out. This year, it was his turn.

As they turned in to the drive, his heart rate increased. It was as beautiful as he had imagined. A hand-hewn banquet hall stood, surrounded by pristine gardens and fruit trees. As he opened his door, the earthy smell of goats filled my nostrils and he was eager to begin the night. As the tour began, the splendor overcame him. In a world where so much seems wrong, this just seemed so right. It was then that they rounded a corner and the scene changed.

The first thing he noticed was the smell. It was pungent and offensive. Then someone spotted them - four repugnant, nasty pigs. Up until this point, the dairy had offered only beauty and fragrant images, but not now. These were stinky, gross hogs with their faces buried in a trough of whey. As the group made clever comments, something imposing began to impress the heart.

The age-old story of the Prodigal Son flooded his thoughts, and as he gazed into the pigpen, it was as if he could see him there, crouched beside the reeking animals, fighting for his portion of the foul cuisine. The young man could see the prodigal

It gladdens my heart to know you have eaten at His table!

Dave

n/t

n/t

The part about the man and the dairy is true...it just didn't happen to me. The story of the prodigal (of course) is literally true, I believe, as well.

What happened to me and any who will surrender themselves to Christ, is simply an amazing promise from the good Lord above.

Have a great week-end. :)

AJ