Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray Probe?

kurt-ks

Hi All, I was curious if any F70-75 users have a Sun Ray probe on there machines? And how do you like it's performance? I had one on my ML and loved it, but was thinking of getting a pistol probe. Thanks and HH--Kurt

I have both. I prefer the Sunray because it reflects whatever discrimination setting you have on your computer. The downsize for the Sunray is that it adds weight to the unit, although the Sunray for the F 75 is lighter than the one I had for my MXT. Both are excellent units. You decide what's important for you. The nice thing about the Pistol Probe is it works with any detector.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

I have the sunray and it kicks ass. The best thing is it comes through your headphones. The pistol probe has good depth. But it's bulky and something extra on your belt. Plus it don't come thourgh your headphones. The sunray on the F75 also zero's in on the target with the pinpoint function just like the large coil. Depth is good depending on your settings. Also the sunray is cheaper and no batteries to purchase. Over all the sunray is the best probe for the F75. You can't live without it!!!

I have one on all my machines that'll take one, including my F70. For the most part I like them, but sometimes it would be nice to to have a non-motion pinpointer.

Ralph Sun Ray said:
If you pull the trigger for pinpoint in probe mode you will have non-motion VCO pinpointing with the FX-1.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Unfortunately the F70 doesn't have this feature :thumbdown:

n/t

^ Nahhhhhhhh the F70 and F75 are almost identical machines aside from a few minor features....I'm awaiting Fishers new F75 replacement that's coming out this year....multifreq?

The sunray is a very good probe .However , since I got the new Garrett pinpointer I find I use the Garrett more .It is just as good in my opinion and I can use it with my other machines .Previously I had a Vibraprobe 570 which did not work at all well with the F75 due to intense interference .I believe the latest version has a switch to circumvent this .