Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray phones wouldn't work with my 600

Ted S

Gorgeous day here in NE Iowa! So I figured I would take my 600 out for a quick trip. I have the Minelab adapter so I could use my Sun Ray Pro Gold head phones. No matter what I did I couldn't get them to work. So I dug out my old Koss phones than came with my Explorer SE. They worked like a dream! No more of the cheesy 1/8" headphones that came with my Equinox. I went out for about 20 minutes at the local school. Only a couple of memorial cents and a clad dime and a toy pilot badge(I think) that was down around 7". I was running park 1 and sensitivity at 23. It was pretty stable. I think I might have a good year when I hit the fields!

The only Sunray's that will work direct are the CTX compatible. They are the ones with the three position switch. Others will work with the 08 module, sorry 600 owners. Hope this helps.
Jeff

I have the 800 I also have the cable minelab.sells to hook to wmo8 .So I hooked my Sun rays.in back no go tried my best ghost no go plug it short I think.While I was sitting there .I had eat buds in pocket plug direct into back they work.Only answer I have plug are to short.

My gold pro's won't work with my 800 ether and I also have the adapter .They will not work using the module ether . I also have some Minelab koss head phones and they work ok . I have three pair of stereo head phones and they will all work ok also ....

simple answer here is that not all headphones are wired the same, and not all headphones will work with the EQX.

The Sun Ray phones are 150 ohms..I wonder if that has anything to do with it. There was a fella here that told me that a long time ago and I guess I didn't listen...:shrug:

Could be an impedance mismatch. My Killer B Rattler won't work with my 600, but a pair of Vance headphones do work.

Its not a problem with the ohm rating. The problem is how the recieve plug is wired. The phones must have the same wiring configuration. This isn't unique to Minelabs however. Thats why some phones like GreyGhost have mode switch which effectively changes the wiring and allows them to the used across many brands.

I have a similar problem with my GoPro camera. My microphone has a SRRT plug and the camera adapter needs a SRT design so I have to use a second adapter. It just is what it is.