Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray Gold Headphones and Equinox 800 .. HELP!

Route66

First of all, I've been out of metal detecting since about 1984. I hit it hard from 1981 to 1984 with my White's 6000D detector. I lived near Chicago so I found tons of silver coins in around the area parks, old schools, etc. When my kids started growing up I quit. Now, my nephew got me interested once again and I'm back in the game .. and loving it!

Here's my problem:

I guess I should have done more research before buying the Sun Ray Gold headphones for my fairly new Equinox 800. I bought them online and they arrived today with the Minelab Equinox 1/4" to 1/8" headphone adapter that I purchased separately. I plugged everything in and found out that the Sun Ray headphones do not work with Minelab's adapter and the company I purchased them from wants a 20% restocking fee to return everything!

Surely there is an aftermarket headphone adapter that will work with the Equinox 800.

Sorry, if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find anything by searching the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you plugging directly to your detector or to the wireless module?
Might try a new supplier, any knowledgeable dealer should have steered you in the right direction:shrug:
Jeff

Might try the wire cross over that shuts off the headphones on the Sunrays... if they are the Yellow knobs...

n/t

Are your Sunray pro golds the red volume knob style, with 2 switches. One a 2 position and the other a 3 position?
Jeff

laplander said:
Are your Sunray pro golds the red volume knob style, with 2 switches. One a 2 position and the other a 3 position?
Jeff

No, the volume knobs are yellow and there are two switches (a limiter switch and a mode switch).

O.K. now we are getting somewhere, they are not compatible to plug directly into the machine. Have you tried the wireless module. That should work just fine. Looks like you are getting the hang of the detector with the finds you are digging!
hh
Jeff

Try this.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/6220-external-speaker-not-turning-off-when-i-plug-in-wired-headphones/

Simple matter to rewire the plug for Minelab.

laplander said:
O.K. now we are getting somewhere, they are not compatible to plug directly into the machine. Have you tried the wireless module. That should work just fine. Looks like you are getting the hang of the detector with the finds you are digging!
hh
Jeff

I've not tried it with the wireless module! Thanks for the tip .. I'll try it when I get home.

laplander said:
hh
Jeff

It really did work! I never even thought about doing that because I basically wanted it wired directly to the detector. I can live with this. Thanks again!

Great!! That's what this is all about, helping each other out. Now go find some treasureLOL:detecting:
HH Jeff