Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summer storms.

AuzeeSheila

Hi everyone, we had a huge storm here yesterday afternoon and another one this evening. Boy, it was wild . . .like ones we used to have 20-25 years ago. The rain was coming in side-ways - hitting the fence and going over the top like a wave. The sky was a sickly greenish yellow before the event which reminded me of this one years ago:-

It was late September and in the distance the horizon was glowering as usual in the prelude to the daily storm. From September to November each year, at 3pm every day, we suffered through a storm. Some were big and did major damage, others were nothing to write home about.

...one can't be too careful. We lost 13 residents last Tuesday, just in Arkansas--55 (and counting) overall.

I have always wanted to spend extended time in Australia. I suppose I shall never get the chance, so I rely on your stories and the stories of other Aussies that post from time to time. Thanks for takig the time to let us know a little about where you live.

aj

As to us, we have had more snow this year that has been seen in 25 years. We are running out of places to put it all. :)

Calm seas

Mikie

green clouds mean hail,and most of the time thats true.i can remember a hail storm where many people on the street we lived on had damage,either windows,roofs or both and we lucked out with neither.

My mother spoke to us kids of the famous tornado that passed through our area in the forties when she was a teenager. Nowhere for them to hide, being out in a rural area. She told us that they watched this twister approaching, frightened to death and all of them on their knees praying. The twister missed their home but killed the neighbors an eighth of a mile beside them. She never did forget it or get over her fear of storms after that. Really can't blame her. A local man that was picked up and killed by it had his wallet discovered in a farm field over fifty miles away. Pretty powerful stuff. Better safe than sorry, as the saying goes. Great read ! :)

Those storms can get real nasty...............real fast. A few years ago we had a tornado come within a couple hundred feet of our house. We were lucky with minimal damage, but several houses behind us lost everything. Luckily, no one got hurt.

when we saw them we always had wind and hail at the least. The worst were when the lower edges of the clouds were churning.
Good story Sheila:clapping:

Are tornados.Green skys usually mean trouble.I have survived a few very close calls with tornados and have seen first hand the death and destrustion they cause.....glad this one missed you!

bad weather truly frightens me. We have had more than our share in the past few years, and all the devastation and loss of life makes one a believer out of you after a while. Scott and I are still discussing where to put our storm shelter tonight. I really want one now! Glad you all survived it unscathed! :)

We have just (5pm) had another minor storm here Sunny, and an hour later I saw the damage caused by yesterday's storm on the 6pm T.V. news. No one was injured, just property damage mostly. Ron's away at work again and can't believe we are having these storms as he's only 3hrs away as the crow flies and he left on Thursday.
Sheila.

and weak ladies. That is a mans reason to be put on the earth! That and hunting and fishing and drinking a bit of beer.

I can only remeber one storm that scared me. I am facinated by them, as are many but I do not live in a dang tornado alley either. For the life of me, I never understood people that live in places like Okalahoma, where tornados are a common experience every year, not having a dang big and deep storm shelter. I think I would put one of them in before a dang garage if I lived down there.

Thanks for the post Shelia!! Well written. So good that even I was with you on that one:thumbup: