Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summer has arrived, temperature should reach 97 degrees on Sunday! :)

of my pickup truck, watching the sun go down in the West. Several houses down from me, I saw a man carrying things from his garage to his front yard...I listened to the clanking and watched him shining his flashlights on something large. I was wondering what he was playing with...his wife came out the front door, switching on the front porch light. In a flash, I saw what it was...a large telescope! With a bright moon and no apartment houses in sight, I assume that he was going to be watching something in the sky. :bouncy

Sitting on that tailgate, looking West...I miss the Home Place, I do not belong here. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

my dear friend, it is good to miss the home place, that is where your heart is Kelley, you are now in a new home place and with any luck it will be for the better of you cowboy :clap

You listen to those doctors in the white gowns, they know what is best for you Kelley. Myself I ain't much for doctors even tho they make you better, all my life I have been alone and don't like it when people fuss over me, I'm like you Kelley.

You sit on that tailgate Kelley and keep looking west, I know why you look west, because west is where the beautiful sun sets and so do you :)

General Ray

is, and the memories you have. I know, first hand, what it is like to give up your home place. I still ache for it today, and it's been almost a year since you, and all the others on this forum helped me, Johnboy, and Lil Brother get through this. You told me we all have to move forward, and do the best we can.

You may not feel you fit in, but you have a lot of blessings to count. You have a lovely wife who loves you, and the rest of your family that would lay down and die for you. I have the same thing. Still,....the change puts an emptiness in one's heart, that only you can come to terms with. You are lucky, as we were, that we had a lot of great wonderful memories, and that my dear friend, no one can take from you.

To this day, I avoid driving by my old homeplace, because I still yearn to sit in one of the apple trees in the orchard, and listen to my daddy feeding and talking to his dogs in the kennel. I yearn to hear mother call us all in for dinner. Not only did us kids live there, but after my daddy died, mother sold the place to me and my husband. It was at this old homeplace of mine that we raised our three children, and two grandchildren knew it as Nana nd Doodah's house. I yearn to open the door to my grandson's and them yell "Hey, Nana, can I spend the night with you?"

It's because of all this, that I write these stories, some from my youth, some from the present. Because only by doing this will they ever know about their roots.

The sunset may look different now, but it's still the same sunset. Put your memories down on paper, if not to share with us, to share with your family in the future!

My thought are with you and Debbie! I'm so glad I have become acquainted with you. No one will ever be able to take the cowboy out of you, because that is what you are...forever! :)

Please be assured that I will be just fine...and I still put a smile on my face every morning! It is quite an adjustment to move from the county into the city, and it can be very frustrating...I will make the best of it, move forward.

I am a fighter, I do not know the meaning of the word "quit." Somehow, I will regain enough use of my legs so that I can be in the saddle again. I would not suggest for you to wage a bet against me on this matter...this is just another battle in life that I will find a way to beat, I will have the last laugh! This will be a very interesting fight to say the least. Against Debbie protesting, I cut this complete yard today, had to stop several times, but kept at it until it was done. Bottom line, I fired the first shot today, there is no question in my mind, I am going to win! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)