Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stung By Bee's 2nd Time in 3 Weeks!

Brokensignal

I was out exploring for a possible area to do some detecting along the river and i came across a homeless camp that was deserted.I saw one of those nice GI green all weather army issue sleeping bags wasting away on the ground,so i carefully moved it due to snakes and disturbed a yellow jacket nest in the ground,but i only got stung three times.Three weeks ago i got stung twenty five times at a different location.::veryangry:I think i better wait for a good freeze to go back in the woods.:blink:

Yellow jackets are famous stingers. Once while sleeping in bed during the night one stung me right in the top lip. When I turned on the light about 2 dozen were bouncing along the ceiling.

Hi dang i was living in an apartment by myself some years back and they invaded the entire apartment,come to find out the maintenance dept,which was me had to get a special exterminator because the bee's built a entire nest in the wall,i had hundreds flying around the apartment.Could this be the killer bee invasion(African killer bee's) that they used to warn about years ago! my god dang,Global warming,killer bee's,wildfires,earthquakes,war,whats next?

Since I am pretty allergic to bee stings, I think I will avoid detecting anywhere near where Brokensignal is!! :stretcher:

Brokensignal said:
I was out exploring for a possible area to do some detecting along the river and i came across a homeless camp that was deserted.I saw one of those nice GI green all weather army issue sleeping bags wasting away on the ground,so i carefully moved it due to snakes and disturbed a yellow jacket nest in the ground,but i only got stung three times.Three weeks ago i got stung twenty five times at a different location.::veryangry:I think i better wait for a good freeze to go back in the woods.:blink:
Or stay out of indigent camps, at least.

A few years go I got a lingering case of poison ivy while out bottle digging. The bad thing is, it was down there in a mans "lower reaches," shall we say. I dont know which is worse, bee stings which go away, or itchy, spreading, crotch rot - which won't. :surprised:

Yellow jackets are plentiful this year. I avoided a nest of them while weed-eating around a tree. Don't know why they didn't eat me up, as they were swarming all around me. Late summer is a bad time for them.

This was not a total loss exploring this area.I found what used to be a road going across the river.It was well overgrown.When i go back to this spot and hunt it i may take and post pic's.The area looked very old!.But i need to let it frost over.I think i saw a gator hole!.

I hate frikn Bees got stung on the side of the foot the other day when i was detecting at a park .It fricken hurt pretty bad too. When they sting me i make sure too put my :starwars:200 pound hand or foot on them so they feel mt sting too.