Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange jewlery find help please

relic-hunter

A couple hours on the beach this morning turned up a half dozen coins and a set (yes a set) of earings near the surf line the marking on the back is "925 rse", I know 925 usually means silver but these are gold in color. Could rse mean gold plated silver?

Ken

RSE is a company out of Bangkok Thailand who manufatures jewelry and such. I believe what you have is their mark.

Here is a link to all of that info. Your item is indeed silver as it is marked 925. The RSE, I believe, merely identifies the maker as stated above.

http://bangkokcompanies.com/thailand_companies/R4/rse_international.htm

Whips

Ken, it looks like you have a piece of vermeil which is sterling silver that has been electroplated with at least a 10k gold to a minimum thickness of 1.5 mm. There is little to no gold to speak of and items will easily wear off to show the silver. The 925 designates it is European made and should be 92.5 percent silver (the equivalent of our "sterling" in the USA. A simple magnet test will prove if its silver . Silver is non-magnetic. I believe the "rse" is the manufacturer. Hope this helps.