Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

strange coin

brrttpaul

ok so i went out today on that rally and it was very hard the ground was solid. now as you know my wife and i have a little competition going so i was at the ready. come 11o,clock she was murdering me with the 250 picking up four coins (2 farthings and a king george) all i had was shrapnell and a couple of bullets.after lunch i ended up finding a silver shilling 2 brass thrupenny bits, a couple of queen vic pennys and a coin which i thought was either arabic or indian.i looked into it a little and from what i can gather its dutch lol made for indonesia its dated 1858 but i cant find any more info on it anyway im trying to load a pic of it see what you think hope it comes out. ps the hole in it was made for a chain or bracelet.
Paul

fred there was a lot of iron there so i went into custom mode and notched out the first 4 up to foil as i said in the morning i struggled but i changed tactics slightly and it paid off what i did notice though there were 35 people there mainly minelab owners and i bet any money that lisa and i had the most finds as most give up by 12. im not saying garrett is superior to minelab or anything but i cant get my head round how fast they sweep and walk its like they in a race or something (bear in mind we are beginers and they supposed to be experienced)that 250 of hers sure picks out the coins i was very impresed with it. i spoke to one of them and he said theres nothing in the field i went where he went and found shotgun cartridges which give a high ringtone (7-:geek: i wonder did he find them and knew what they were hence didnt dig im sure anyone would dig a good signal like thatunless his machine tells him diferent just a thought

Hi Paul..

What detector are you using?

Regards Chris