Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

straight shaft 705

wal.ellison

Hi all,
Looking to put a straight shaft on my 705. That upward curve just forward of the control box/handle seems a bit ungainly to me. Has anyone put a straight middle shaft on their 705? I feel it might improve the 'swing' or give a slight benefit in weight transfer. If anyone has done this I'd be glad to hear which shaft fits right and how they've found it to work. Many thanks
Wal

Look a few post down Morelic55 has two of the with straight shafts onthem . He has pictures of the too. The post is old # 60 and black Bart.

I used a middle rod from Whites. I had a spare one for my M6. Only thing you have to do is drill 2 holes for the retaining clips and it works fine.

I'm a big one for using what I have on hand, and I have a stright rod from the Soverign GT that I use on my Advantage. So I ordered a grip from Plugger ( has a hole in it to mount the X-TERRA housing) and it works great. Of course if you don't have the Sovereign straight rod laying around, it can get a bit pricey. HH Randy

Chuck At Indiannations Detectors sells them

http://www.indiannationsdetectors.com/xterrarods.html

You don't sell the shafts by "Plugger" thou.......................Need to get his line on board!!!!

tsgman said:
Gee thanks Mark, last time I checked I sold Minelab stuff, lol.

Anderson Detector Shafts also makes a non-metallic carbon fiber upper straight shaft for the X-Terra's.