Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Story's by Bayrat76

Bayrat76

Took a trip out to west Texas a couple of weeks back, first time to Marfa, some of you might of heard of the Lights of Marfa, well I didn't see them ,but went out to a ranch about 50 miles south of town and spent a few days. The ranch had a colorful history to it. It is only 100 thousand acres as one person told me, mind blowing to me to think of a person owning that much land. The house is around 130 years old, built of adobe brick. It had a mesquite tree in the yard the only real tree of any size to it on the whole ranch. It is said it is were Pancho Villa would tie his horse up to when he would come and buy horses for his army. He was said to be good friends with the owner of the land back then. The San Jacinto Mtn. is on the ranch, back in the old days the owner would get one of his workers to get a mare with young colt take her to the top side of the Mtn. and go back every couple of days and check on them, if the colt had been killed they knew they had a cougar up there, They would pack up and go hunting for it. After seeing that country there was no doubt in my mind of the hardships and rough way life was for the people who settled there. The beauty of the area is hard to describe , Cactus which are purple, Blue Bonnets, and other flowers. Blue Quail, Mule Deer, jack rabbits, and a bunch of coyotes. I hope to get back there again soon.

Hey Bayrat,

I kinda prefer the Gulf Coast to live for all the green until the Devil takes up residence in mid-June, July, August and September and thinks turn desert brown!!! I do enjoy exploring the rugged West Texas type terrain though. Nice pics. I was 1/2 surprised there were no rattle bugs in em tho!

Cupajo

It would be between 15 to 20 degrees in the morning getting into the 70's by 10:00 am. I watched for them when chasing Quail, I've seen to many times when it warms up the buzz worms will be laid out sunning. Found a couple of small guarder snakes. I did keep my eye out for them.

did you swing a detector around that place? Looks like a great place to explore!!

Thanks Bayrat for the story:thumbup:

However, I guess back then it would have been an accepted practice.

That sure is a gorgeous area, Bayrat. That you holding the coyote?

Fair winds

Mikie

Royal I did but a lot of brass a pull tabs, I will get to know this explorer better the next time I go up, and do some real hunting. Mikie that is my best friend Jerry we be running buddies since 3rd grade, or 45 years. Ron that is a WWI ammo cart, the ranch was used in WWI as a test range when they pulled out it was left behind, every once in a while someone will find a live bomb head. I was told by a couple people had see it years ago so I spent one morning looking for it, the owner said he would sure like to get it and take it to his other ranch, so I think I will go up there an drag it down with a sled till I can get to a tailor. And haul it down to the other ranch for him, I think I got to I beams that will do the thick. A little thank you ideal.There was a old Stage line about 20 miles from there I will post the Pic's. The rail road tracks look like it goes for ever strait.