Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stories by General Ray..........

General Ray

Was playing around with my iMac tonight and iMovie, the clips aren't clear just yet but once I figure out the compression rate to upload the pictures to iMovie then YouTube they should get better and clearer, I even added a little music to the clips, not bad for a first try :thumbup:

Some of the places I've been and some of the people I have met here at Findmall :detecting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOzjjmYwQqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BgzPIt2ARE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex2XlATw8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lij56R6BZQ

Thanks Ray.

how the on and off switches work, much less do something like this! Wish I had part of your smarts on the computer! You have been entertaining us for years with your music and photos, tho this was different. I once paid a lady nine hundred dollars to take photos from my mom and dad's grandparents all the way from them to the last baby that had been born at the time, and she put them to music for me. Everyone said this was the best Christmas present ever. Of couse it's on VCR too. Great work General! YOU did GOOD! :)

Ray they tell a story in a super way, i have watched them with enjoyment and thanks!:clapping::clapping:

Been trying to reach Lucky's gun shop where a bought my Kimber from all week, no answer on the phone plus their web site is gone. I've been trying to buy ammo for the Kimber and set up a shooting date with Danny from Lucky's but after a week of trying I was fit to be tied.

Also, every time I go into WalMart to buy ammo they never have any, seems they don't order enough so I asked why not, I was told they can't get any, only small orders at a time even for WalMart. So I was bumm out and headed back home and tried Lucky's again but still no answer. So I got on the Internet and did a Google on the new Bass Pro Shops in Leeds Alabama, about 50 miles away and called them, I asked if they had any .45 auto ammo in stock, the lady said yes but it is going fast, I said can I give you a credit card number and will you please hold for me what you have in stock, she said I can't do that, first come first serve she said :sad:

Well I jumped in the Chevy and headed out to Bass Pro Shops and was hopeing the whole time while on the road that they would at least have one box left, well they did and in fact they had more then one so I clean them out :cool:

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/Ray1954-photo/IMG00012-20090314-1756copy.jpg
It wasn't cheap to say the least, $317.90 plus $31.79 in tax for a total of $349.69 but at this point I didn't care because I finally found ammo for my hand gun and would have paid more if I had to :wacko:

On the way home I decided to drive 30 miles out of my way and stop by Lucky's gun shop, this is what I found, bummer, they were good guys, small town folks that love their guns and fishing, hope they open up again because I would much rather give them my business because they are like me and don't look at me as just another sale but as a neighbor and friend and I like that :yo:

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/Ray1954-photo/IMG00011-20090314-1657copy.jpg
While in Bass Pro Shops it was packed, had to be 300 cars in the parking lot, when I finally walked in the place it must of had 1000 people in it, it's a big big store, two stories and I must admit, I was in awe, they had everything and anything that one could ask for when it comes to hunting and fishing and anything that has to do with the out doors. While looking at the ammo and being confused at what I needed their where two hunters also looking in the same area so I asked them for a little help, they were great folks and asked me what hand gun do you have. I told them I have the Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless .45 ACP !

They spent time with me and said here ya go, use these for carry and these for Target/Range shooting, join a gun club, join the NRA which I just did, they were good guys and happy to see a old Marine get back in the saddle again :thumbup:

I talked to a police officer here in town yesterday and told him that I have a new hand gun and would like a lesson with it and if he knew how I could go about getting that lesson, he gave me the name of a police officer in the next town over that is a expert with weapons and is the officer in charge in training with guns and also happens to be a retired Marine :usmc: , I'll be calling him first thing Monday morning, been a long time since I fired a rifle let a lone a hand gun, even Marines need a refresher coarse after 35 years and earning a shooting expert badge, it's the smart thing for me to do ;)

Ray!

Thought 5% sucked!! Here in Massachusetts, no Training / No Permit! No Gun. Its up to the local Police Chief.

try to trade with out "mom and pop" shops in town. I despise Walmart and stay away from there if at all possible. Unfortunately, most of the old folks have had to give it up because they cannot compete with these big chain stores. It's a shame. The appliance dealer here knew my grandfather, my father, and now me and my children. It really makes me feel for the ones that don't make it! :(