Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

STOP Texting ...............

SeniorSeeker

While Driving! Just a few years ago, as I was stopped at a an intersection waiting for the light to change, this kid comes up behind me at about 35-40 mph but never saw me oe the red light for that matter. He was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone. He was okay but there wasn't anything left to the front of his small Dodge Neon.

Just had a big debate on a forum over here regarding this subject.Until governments bring out stiff penalties for people using their phone,people will keep getting killed.Over here,it's a

texting, as if the world is ending and time is of the essence! Don't text or talk on phone while driving and safer the persons and other people will be! :angel: Ma

I was driving on an expressway at 110kms (65mph) and there was a young woman driving beside me whilst sending a text message at the same time!

It's hard to believe that people are so stupid, but they are.

It is illegal to do this in Australia, but sending a message seems to be much more important than a life, your own perhaps.

I saw another girl once in the same situation with her hand out the window drying her nail polish.

Men are just as irresponsible as well.

Some time ago (a few years), a young woman was driving the expressway (60+mph) next to me. She was holding her cell-phone w/her head to her shoulder, holding a cup of coffee w/one hand & putting eye make-up on with the other. She was driving with her knees! I couldn't believe it! I can remember thinking "there's an accident waiting to happen" and I backed way off and let her run down the road ahead of me. Believe you me...I kept my eye on her driving until she got off the highway. I remember thinking "where's a cop when you need one?" True story.

I think one of the problems is the revenue our government are making from the fines.If the government introduced penalties that were extremely harsh,people would'nt use their phones.While the fines and penalties are as soft as they are,people are willing to take the chance, so the government will always have an easy source of revenue.It's the same with drink driving,as far as i'm concerned if somebody is caught over the limit they should be banned from driving for life.These people are potential killers and they know it, so if they get in their car and willingly perform actions(either using the phone or drink driving) that endanger peoples lives,they should have their rights to drive a vehicle removed.A massive amount of money has been spent over here on advertising campaigns about driving whilst drinking or using a phone so nobody has got any excuse.
If our government introduced extreme penalties for these potential murderers,the problem would be solved over night,so why don't they......it all boils down to money in the end does'nt it.

Last summer I actually saw I teenager texting while driving one of those 'ninja' motorcycle. I so wanted to pull him over and give him a lecture!

Yea ya see people doing some stupid and inconsiderate stuff while driving.

About ten years ago, I was behind about five cars and the lead car was going 10 mph under the limit holding up a long line of people going to work. One by one these cars passed around him over the dotted line when it was clear in the opposite direction. Now it's my turn to pass. I glanced over as I went around him. There was a man I'd say in his 60's, eating a pastry, drinking a cup of coffee reading the newspaper. WHAAAAT!!

The newspaper was on his steering wheel. I can see it in my minds eye to this day and still can't believe it.........Multitasking at it's worst..... Unbelievable......

Ma Betty in MO said:

You're so right Ma.The greed on this planet is the cause of most of the suffering we see today.Like you say,money talks and allows people to buy their way out of trouble whilst disregarding the suffering they cause to others.People in this country are'nt bothered about a

waiting to happen, as if the world was coming to an end with no time later to do things! Taking their own life in their hands and possibly others...because of stupidity! :sad: :angel: Ma

I was raised up to know that money is earned by working and getting a paycheck and not wasted by spending foolishly! Most of the youth and even the foreigners want everything now and not wait like when I was younger....get married first, then buy a house, when afforded, and then gradually the furniture, a car and etc. We wanted our children to have it easier than we did and it has spoiled most of them rotten! Now many parents raise their grandchildren just because they can't make ends meet and continue in their own selfish ways! I would have never thought or doing like they do today....living with their parents or taking their money to live like queens and kings....like BO and Michelle do with their living high off the hog while spending the workers hard earned monies on their greediness and selfishness Many of the Congress also do the same and don't care about the working men and women...how difficult it is to pay taxes and live off the rest....that is why more and more are getting poor and poorer! May our Dear Savior, Jesus, come and catch us away soon from a worsening world that is getting more evil, daily! Amen! We have to be faithful to Jesus and trust in Him in all things, for He will never leave nor forsake His own! Amen! :angel: Ma

I wish we could go back to the days when good old fashioned values were indeed valued.Like you say,the younger generation seems to think the world owes them something without having to put in the hard work to get it.
The problem is that some of this generation are now finding their way into positions of power where they can use their selfishness and hunger for greed to further their ambitions,regardless of the effect on others.Governments and those in power do not care about society in general,they just subdue us into thinking that everything is ok and there is nothing to be concerned about.
I read an article on the news this morning about a Rabbi who has hit the nail on the head.He said that society was collapsing because of"individualism".He is completely correct in the fact that todays society promotes self gain......for people to get whatever they can by whatever means possible.Those in power live by this doctrine and it filters down into society as a whole.
Don't get me wrong,there is nothing wrong with self gain in the right context,people should strive to work hard and do the best for themselves but not at the expense of others.
Unless we wake up to the fact that the world is in a right state,we will see the unrest that is happening spread rapidly and it will be too late to do anything about it.God help us.

but we still have Jesus and His love for His own and will see us through all the trials and heartaches by leaning on and trusting in Him! The world was some better when Red Skelton gave that speech...He was a true American patriot and his programs were always good for anyone to watch! May God Bless America and us! Amen! :angel: Ma

And God bless all of those who do their best to live good lives wherever they may be in the world.

Good to see you posting again.