Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stolen Lure

Royal

This happened back in the 60's and I have posted it before but though I would again for the new posters. And new Lurkers :D

Dick Ayotte and I both worked the afternoon shift. This would get us out of work at about 11pm every night. We loved to fish for bass at night as it was so peaceful and quiet and an exciting way to fish. I would flip my canoe on top of my car when I went to work and by 11:30 we were usually on the lake. In the summer we did this about twice a week, weather permitting.

On this particular night we had gone to fish Duck Lake, which is in Highland Michigan. The lake was like glass and it was about 75 degrees, as I remember. There was a partial moon I know as we could see pretty well.

This place we were fishing was pretty shallow as that seemed to be where we would always find the fish at night. It was about half lilly pads and the shore was lined with cattails. In fact there were clumps of them scattered all over the flood plain we were fishing. We could hear the fish working the shallows for frogs and such. That time of year the carp are spawning too and they raise a ruckus too. The night peepers were a calling and an occasional Bull Frog would lend its voice to the night.It is very nice to be out there at that time of night even if we don

...especially a black, jointed, three-quarter-ounce kind, for night fishing.

The only place I can find them these days is at Bass Pro Shop.

Good story. I was out on the lake last night until 9:30. I griped to Tom that since he left my tackle box in his truck (from a previous trip) that I would have to suffer not being able to tie one (jitterbug) on.

Geese was that lake beautiful last night.

aj

and while I am no fisherman, and probably never will be, I am getting out lately since Alice lover her fish. So I get to go out early and catch a couple and the come home and work.. :)

fair winds

Mikie

n/t

many other things on my plate but your and your sisters stories have fired up the blood a bit. I wish we were closer. I would love to cast a lure with you guys.

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

about a lost lure,..........was me and Johnboy! Maybe I will get a chance to post it this week! :) Lucky you for snaggin' it! :)

you can tote a hookah :rofl:

You couldn't get that lucky again in a million years ! Kinda makes that lure pretty special, doesn't it ? I was hearing the noises and smelling the water amidst the calm of the night reading this story Royal. That was well written and just an excellent read !:thumbup:

n/t

Talk about editting Wayno! Nice Job, Royal! You paint a good picture with your words, I could almost feel the grit in the bottom of the canoe.
Thanks for sharing that and remind me not to play poker with you.:lol:

Cheers,

Eric

n/t

seems we know all the same Canadian colloquialisms. You were quite a few years behind me though;)