Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still squeezing finds from the old house....

fwcrawford

I went back to the old house I have been having pretty good results at and although I did not find any silver coins today, I did
find a few interesting things.
The wheat pennies finally started showing today.. first ones I have found here.
I actually found one wheat penny in the hole with what I believe is what is left of 1943 steel penny... just slightly bigger and thicker than the wheat I found with it.
I believe this is the third time I have found one like this.
It is pictured in the center of the row of wheat pennies.
I also found two more rope tensioners ( found one last time).
The item above the quarters is a presidential token.. I think they came in Cracker Jack boxes many years ago.. I have found a couple of these over the years.
The item shaped like an owl I guess is some kind of pendant.
The item pictured by itself is a mystery to me... (any help with ID is much appreciated).
It appears to made of brass or bronze, and ID'd like a half dollar.
It is mostly hollow inside with only one hole.
Also pictured is all the trash I found today.... dug lots of iffy signals.
Thanks for looking!!
IMG_4104.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4108.jpg
IMG_4103.jpg

I went back to the old house I have been having pretty good results at and although I did not find any silver coins today, I did
I actually found one wheat penny in the hole with what I believe is what is left of 1943 steel penny... just slightly bigger and thicker than the wheat I found with it.
The item above the quarters is a presidential token.. I think they came in Cracker Jack boxes many years ago.. I have found a couple of these over the years.
The item pictured by itself is a mystery to me... (any help with ID is much appreciated).
Thanks for looking!!
View attachment 13293View attachment 13294View attachment 13295View attachment 13296View attachment 13297
Sword pommel

The only thing missing in that pile of junk is the kitchen sink 😂 That yard is full of debris! I love the owl pendant !! It seems if you are going to need to pull out this junk to get to some of the better finds. Keep at it Felix, there is more there. If you need help, I can swing by 🤣

The only thing missing in that pile of junk is the kitchen sink 😂 That yard is full of debris! I love the owl pendant !! It seems if you are going to need to pull out this junk to get to some of the better finds. Keep at it Felix, there is more there. If you need help, I can swing by 🤣
That sounds great... there are a lot of bottle caps that I need cleared out...🤭

Thanks for looking!!
View attachment 13293View attachment 13294View attachment 13295View attachment 13296View attachment 13297
Wow! Between the pommel and tent rope tighteners, you have to believe there was a military camp of some sort? Hope your site keeps paying off!

Wow! Between the pommel and tent rope tighteners, you have to believe there was a military camp of some sort? Hope your site keeps paying off!
I was thinking that myself, but according to what I have read, the tensioners are post Civil War era... about 1880.
Still have a lot of digging to do here.
Will have to see what else turns up.
I did think it was strange to find three of them here... first ones I have ever found.