Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still No Pics ...But

massdigr

I Think i am finally getting the hang of this. I went out this week and scored a couple of keepers. 4 mercs. 1940,1940,1939,1917....2 V nickels,1909,1903...one Buffalo 1929 and two IH 1907,1902.All found over the last 3 days in local parks that i know have been pounded over the last 20-30-years.I have hunted these same parks for the last few months myself. I don't know why all of a sudden i am scoring but i won't complain....

HH
Rick

Nice job Rick. Sometimes it clicks. Sometimes it doesn't. It hasn't for me the last few times out. What was the deepest coin you dug?

Mirage

Hi Mirage,

It is difficult to tell. Sometimes i dig deeper than i need to because the coin is pressed against the side of the hole. if i had to guess i would say about 6" at least.This is with the 8" coil as i only use the stock coil at the beach. There i have dug quarters at 8-10 inches. Things will pick up for you. I was in a dry spell for a while. Mostly because all the parks here have been hunted for years. I still am having a hard time finding silver. Nickels on the other hand are plentiful. I have dug about 30 so far, mostly Buffalo's.I have 5 V nickels and 6 silver war nickels also.I have found some silver but not much.My Vacation will be over next week and then my hunting time will be limited again.
HH Rick,