Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still did not understand what to do when low iron tone produced by copper coin deep over 6". Thanks for help.

Deeper low tones should be examined pretty close is what I am saying. The general posts and users Manual applies right on down to about 6

I learned this on my own at the beaches.I saw a strange reading on smart screen low and way left, I just dug it cause it I never saw that before and low and behold it was a nickel...so from then on if it sounded like low iron tone I checked smart screen for location and if it wasn't solid tight left and high I dug it. Thats when I learned about bobbie pins and thats were they hit, way left and about where a penny might hit as in height. They get me every time! So Hieght represents the conductivity it has and left and right locations represents ferrousness...or how much iron or not iron it has. So it looks to me that because the target is deep it will have more ground minerals to compute and interfear with computers decision on how much ferrousness it has which will obscure the final answer...but it seems to be better with the conductivity part and its final answer...cause the icon was about same height from the bottom as a nickel would be but just way left due to more ground minerals which obscured the final answer.....HuH...did I say that right?.....what I can't figure out is what makes the icon jump around like right to left right to left.....is the processor getting way too much info at once and is it trying to keep up....like either running way to hot on sens. and picking up to much info at once or too many close together targets or all of the above...This is why I say run lower sens. in trashy areas so this doesn't happen......get what you can shallow then crank it up a notch so the new guy doesn't get too discouraged...I first go to a site..like cellar hole...first I diagnose the area...See how trashy...run amuck and scan for low trash and high trash...then I hit the trashy areas with low sens. to see between the targets and pick out the good from the iron...then I crank it up and see how deep I can get stuff on the depth gauge...now I know what I am dealing with for depth...then I get-r cranked up and and go from there...I like to see how deep anything is by cranking it up...that is a good indication of how old the place is and potential targets there may be some oldies....Did I out type you yet? :)

Great post and it is hard to out talk an old retired professor. The world is a classroom or so we seem to think. The processor seems to be "really smart" in that the jumping of the ICONS follow the ID of the target but as you indicate we see why they stress over an over a solid threshold. I was a confirmed Semi-auto threshold person back "when" but after a lot of testing in the field and at home converted to Manual Sensitivity. Just a click or two down will just about always settle the stability down. I realize stability depends on the user since what I think is stable may not be to someone else. However, the depth is tremendous when the detector is adjusted properly.

By the way I really enjoy they way you think the operation of the machine through. I read your post on this and the other forum and it is clear you have a serious interest and take a close look at what the detector does. I see no reason to claim the machine will walk on water but rather to know what we can and cannot expect. The Explorer is a great machine so no matter what the outcome we are using a heck of a great machine. We may walk on water but if we drop our machine it is going to sink.

HH, Cody

Excuse my ignorance but you said this:

"Clear then Select, and check all targets except for the S slots."

Is this for Explorer II? I have the XS. What are the "S slots"?

Tony