Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stereo to mono

Fishnmaine

I bought my Spectra V3 last week and mine does the switching from mono to stereo to mono...I have the 1.1 firmware....a friend of mine says his does the same...I rather have the stereo sound. Has anybody has had this issue..

I see the same problem...

Quoting ak 1234 from another thread:

"v1.3 was a fix to address the "mono to stereo" problem that some people had. The headphones are not really changing from mono to stereo, the phase of the audio waveforms are changing (result of having stereo and microprocessor timing). So, if somebody is sending in their detector for an audio fix, both detector AND headphones need to be sent in to get the benefits of the fix. I think that is what HOTROCKS is referring to. The headphones do not need to be upgraded to work with new versions of the detector software, they just won't have that fix in them."

From another forum where Carl said;

It's not really a stereo/mono issue, but rather an audio phase rotation. Normally, V3 produces the same sound in both ears, what most people would call mono since there in no L/R difference*. When you hear the sound go "stereo" (a sorta surround-sound effect) you're still getting the same audio in both ears, but with a phase rotation that plays a little mind-trick on you.

Our latest software rev fixes this, so that there is no phase rotation and, therefore, you would not hear the funky "stereo" effect.

- Carl

*V3 uses L/R only in the balance settings, and in the audio effects (end-of-range beep).

Thanks rcasio44 & flapjack ...I asked the same question there to...to which he replied to.........I wonder if this is something that has to be addressed right away before something happens or can I just run it it like that?....I'll deal with it for now and in the winter I'll send it in for the upgrade to 1.3.

You may continue using them - no harm will come to the headphones or the detector if you don't upgrade. The only reason to upgrade is if you don't like the way the audio is sounding, it's not going to have a detrimental effect on the detector at all if you don't.