Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Step one of my long range plan......... A Special thanks to Fred!

Dan-MO

Over the years I have leaned much from the people on this forum.......but as far as how to out smart my wife.....my hat is off to Fred. He truly is the master.

Early this spring I mentioned something about building another small shop building to house some of the many woodworking tools that are crowding me in the building I built a couple of years ago. My wife was strongly against the idea.....going as to say I should just clean out the existing building and get rid of some of the things I have not used for several years. As a matter of fact it has been several years since I have done any woodworking.....but heck, you never know, I might do something in the future.

In times past this may have led to a disagreement,hurt feelings, and a argument that I was sure to lose, but this time I remained calm and admitted to my wife that she was probably right.In the back of my mind I was thinking, How would Fred handle this situation?

I didn't mention anything for a few days all the while thinking hard, then it dawned on me....the answer to my problem! My wife had mentioned getting a small above ground swimming pool ....so a couple of months ago I told her I thought it would be a great idea....but heck lets get a large one! And while we are at it lets do it up right and pour a large concrete slab to set it up on...make it big enough to set lawn furniture etc all around it. Of course I would have to run electricity to the pad to power the pump...but I would be happy to do this for her.

She was a bit suspicious at first, but soon bought into the idea. A few weeks later I had a 24X30 foot concrete slab with electric ran near it. We then bought a fairly inexpensive 18 foot X 4 foot deep quick set pool and she is quite happy....even brags to all her friends about what a wonderful idea I had.

I figure in a year or 2 she will grow tired of the pool, and I will have a good start on my new workshop! It is a win win situation! Thanks again Fred!

so Dan, if your lady kept finding snakes and newts in the pool would she get tired of it quicker?:biggrin:

When you forget an occasion like Valentines Day, you can buy cards that say (a few days late).........Let's make this our own "Special Valentines Day". Them ladies just eat this stuff up. Fred's a genius, no doubt about it ! :smoke:

over that pool...sorta an open pole barn concept. Then when the pool has run it's course and no longer wanted, you just build the walls...slab and roof already there. To speed things up in getting rid of the pool, you will have to work smart in creating the atmosphere where your wife makes that decision. The one thing that a woman fears more than anything is thinking that you are infested with rats. Later this summer, tell her that you thought you saw a rat around the pool. A week or so later, mention it again, but this time make mention of the fact that where there are rats, there will be snakes too...snakes will move onto your property because rats are food for them. Now the next thing may be a little distasteful, but it has to be done. Go down to a dump site or business warehouse area and find a way to get a dead rat. You bring the rat home, put it beside the pool, and then create a commotion where you wife will come outside to see what is going on. She will see the dead rat and then with your help, her imagination should kick in. You need to let her know that this rat body confirms that you folks now have rats because of the swimming pool. It would not hurt to wait another week and repeat this with another rat body. If you do this correctly she will be begging you to get rid of that pool...you are now in the driver's seat, you have the upper hand. Shortly after the pool is gone, make mention that for a few dollars, you could easily put up some walls and you all would have a great workshop that would enhance the value of your property. Dan, you can do it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Out smarting a woman is similiar to training a horse...the theory being that you make it easy for the horse to do the things that you want it to do and make it difficult for the horse to do the things that you do not want it to do. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

You are truly a wise man in the ways of women and how their minds work! You should write a book!:rofl:

I fear our buddy Fred is living in a dream world and Debby is at the reins. He just don't know it.

I saw how she manipulated him with that girlie thing and got him off the ranch and into a sub-division. What is that school teachers name? Probably a gay little thing but it worked to lure Fred:rofl:

And the pool addition looks good too.. When is the party??

Fair winds

Mikie