Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

STEEL SAND SCOOP INFO

Roman44

Okay, I now have the money to get the heavy duty steel scoop . I see all the serious water detector people using. It has a large basket, and several angles at the edge. I think it is around 200.00 for the steel scoop alone. Now I just need to know what it is called and where to get it. Help me out please.

http://www.nuttallenterprises.com/servlet/StoreFront

It work great where you have rocky or shell covered beaches.

The diamond head is close, and the price is good, but the unit I am looking for has a flatter scoop near the bottom. The diamond unit is pointed or angular. The scoops I saw had four or more angles near the bottom, making it appear flatter. I am not scooping into sand, but more rocky lake bottoms here in MI.

Is this the scoop you are thinking about? I have one and while heavy, generally gets the target in one or two scoops. I really, really like mine.
http://$@%&*@$%.com/thescoop.html

Thanks Bruce, appreciate the info.

That looks like the one I got from him in 1999, minus the grip. What a great idea putting that handle there. Makes it a multi-purpose scoop. Does soft dry sand, wet hard packed sand and out in the water. Plan to hit the Gulf Coast beaches soon and didn't have a clue as to what to use in the wet hard packed sand. Do you line the bucket on yours with 1/2" hardware cloth for small stuff? The 5/8" holes work pretty good and maybe using the 1/2" hardware cloth would clog it up. These scoops are stainless steel beasts.

Ron

For packed wet sand I would recomend the Diamond Head by Nuttall, have two and am very happy. For fast deep digging they can't be beat.

I'd been heavy using this scoop for 3 years and scoop had a little crack (tiny) , i sent it back and they sent me new one no questions asked.
One thing for sure you can trust them.

Alex.

The scoop you guys are talking about looks like a impressive beast. When the tiny crack was mentioned, I thought I'd take a closer look at the one I got from Ed. Not a hint of anything failing and when I measured the thickness of the Stainless Steel, it was 3/32". That's heavy duty stuff!

I've used it on rocky/gravely beaches here and on Lake Superior. Might file down the leading edge as 3/32" is a little blunt. Plan to use it soon at Galveston.

Ron

I got the Diamond Head by Nuttall for Christmas and use it on the NC beaches. It works great in the wet packed sand and in the shells.

I posted a question about securing a tether on the Nuttall scoop that I just received, thought I would ask you guys since quite a few of you have them. Any suggestions? Thanks Lloyd

I also ordered the Nutall and it should be here if any of the delivery businesses can get around the flooding. I used a really nice home made aluminum in an old quarry converted to swim hole and it was a bummer getting my 'traditionally' shaped scoop into that pea gravel. I got the Nutall just for using where there is not soft sand. Jim

The Nuttall scoop sure seems well built and heavy duty! Very impressed, now to get out with it. I will be heading to Sarasota area the last week of February and try to find a spot there. Anyone have any suggestions? I will be camping in Myakka Park.