Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting to really like the SEF coil

flylaps

I wasn't thrilled with the 10x12 SEF coil the first few times I used it. It weighs a ton and wasn't finding much more than I normally find with any coil. The last few times I've been out with this coil it has produced. It is amazing how high I can run the sensitivity on the old XS and it runs smooth. Yesterday I went to a park that I have pounded to death way more times than I can remember. This place is full of rusty nails so you can usually squeak something out. This is from a 3 hour hunt. All the silver had rusty nails in the hole with them except the 1960 rosie which was 8" deep straight on edge. The mercs,both 1918, were about 6" and one had two nails and a rusted nut in the hole.
The barbers were a good 8" down, 1907&1911. One amazed me, it was laying flat at that depth, but had two rusted nails right on top of it. Wish I would have had the camera with for that one. The crosshairs would show iron, but from one direction I could get a pretty good silver warble. Also got the toasted 1885 Indian and 6 wheaties. Probably keep swingin the sef for a while. Enjoy!

Matt

Those results make me want to try one. Nice. ANy time you can pick up silver, let alone several silvers I am impressed. I have been tempted by the little SEFP coil. The 8? Right now, I am new to Minelab and only have the Pro coil on my Explorer. Thanks, for sharing. Gives me thoughts of trying something new.

Don

n/t

You just needed another rosie for a double dime trifecta ! Congrats !!

A 6x8 sef is my next purchase, im hoping it will settle my machine down a little. Getting tired of all the sounds that never repeat and i hope that will help atleast a little. Starting to wonder if my soil is highly mineralized or something

I was thinking about getting a 10x12sef for me SE. I hear many good things about this coil. Does it really feel that much heavier than the pro-coil? I guess I could look it up...

10x12SEF = 1.3 lbs
Pro-Coil = 1.1 lbs

So only a few ounces difference? Not too bad...

It rarely comes off the end of my explorer!!!! Im impressed by it every time I use it. Keep the great finds rolling in :)

Awesome digs Matt , a buddy of mine just bout one, he says he loves it as well !!!
thanks for sharing the story and the pics,:thumbup:

David

Great finds! Been using the 10X12 for a couple years, hardly take it off ever...great for trashy spots too, even tho it's a larger coil.

Ive been running two of the SEF coils almost exclusively. the 10x12 for deep open areas and the 8x10 for the real trashy sites (construction, iron bogs, ect.) I realy like the performanc of those coils here in my mineralized soils.