Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting to get the ground thaw :clapping:

Heath

The ground is starting to thaw finally up here in Northern Minnesota:clapping:! Snow is still in the low spots and the north sides with the frost just below. I can only detect the southern exposures, anyplace else, get the dynamite out. Temps been hanging around the mid 40's and dropping to the 20's at night, ground, rock solid in the morning:ranting:.

I was able to get out for several hours this afternoon to detect a local park, feels good to be swinging again. Finds were very little except a nice 1950 silver quarter, couple of clad dimes and the usual pennies. Ended up with a death squeal in the headphones from last year's batteries and fading sun light.

I forgot to carry the camera along for some pics.

P.S. We can still drive on the lakes for ice fishing:cool:. HH

:minelab::fisher:

I know how you feel, north Wisconsin is the same way. After work yesterday, I hit a park for about 30 min to try and get the rust out. I came away with $.41 in clad and a lone earing for my troubles. I was only digging in the sandy areas by playground equipment though. The rest of the ground still is frozen at 5 inches, and I seem to hit a lot of solid 6" finds on the detector. Hopefully it warms up someday soon...

Guys, I am going to send a little of our Tn sun up your way. I have a detector and fishing trip set up in the Walker, Park Rapids, area for late next month. Been doing this for a while and usually o.k. Your usual 15-30 mph breezes are more often the problem. Glad to hear you are able to get some swinging in, finally. HH jim tn

I think the TN sun worked. It hit a balmy 48 here today and it looks like mid 40s for highs the rest of the week! It is still going to dip into the 20s at night, but maybe the snow is done for the season. At least I can hope...

Your TN sun is still warming the soil up here. I am heading out this afternoon to start detecting the melting snow piles the snow plows have left behind. The snow mountain at the highschool parking lot has melted down to almost nothing and somewhere in that heap of sand and garbage is treasure. Wish me luck!

"Ground Thaw" What's "Ground Thaw" ------- Guess this Southern California boy is going to have to send you some sunshine. It was 97 yesterday (by Los Angeles International - LAX), and it's already 91 here at 10:00 AM today ! Was going to take my Minelab GP3500 out to the desert but it is 104 out there today! Happy hunting!

--- Al