Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

start up settings

pennystock

does the t-2 come with a video when its bought new? i bought mine from someone and it is slightly used and just the manual downloaded from the teknetics website. what are people using for coin-shooting? any tips would be greatly appreciated. my other machine is an ace-250. art

no video that i know of, most seem to use 2 tone disc set at 21, which allows you to unmask targets in iron better

i've tried that setting in every trashy site that i did good in with my sovereign. every time it sounds like a good signal next to iron it always turns out to be iron. i've yet to get to get anything good out of a previously hunted site.

First off welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase of the T2. You have a Awesome Metal Detector that if you take your time and learn it,
you will be Highly Rewarded. It's a Hot Machine and doesn't mess around when it comes to separating targets and pulling Keepers out of Iron.
You really need to be focused to keep up with it. It will give you more information of whats in the ground and that is why for some it may seem to be noisy but it's not. It is simply telling you whats really down there in the ground and its Lighting fast response time gives it a superior edge to unmask targets next to trash. You can run the Sensitivity at 70 in Medium ground and get Keepers at 8 plus inches. No need to try and run it wide open to get the Depth unless conditions allow for it and by all means do so. Don't be afraid to lower it down to quieten it down, the Depth will be there. It is a different breed of detectors. The Settings I use for general Detecting.
Tone = 2+
Disc = 20 to 21
Sens. = As High as Possible, 75 being a good average here in Med Ground soil. Some sites will allow 85 & Higher.
GB = Positive 2 to 4 on the plus side.
Sens. = In all Metal for pinpointing = Good average is about 70 Hunting in Disc. Mode.
Hum Level = This is a Key setting for me. -7 or -5 It will smooth out the T2 and give a more refined audio response in both Disc and All Metal Mode. No loss of performance that I have been able to detect but benefit from greatly".

Re-hunting A Site after I have gone over it really good or Hunting a Site that has been Hammered Hard I will use these settings.
Disc = 10 Sometimes at this setting it will get noisy on you and you may haft to up the setting if your close to power lines.
Tone = 1 mono tone or 2+ Try them both at Disc. = 10

There are many Experts on this Forum with the T2 and they are the Best" and will help you out all they can, don't be afraid to ask what you think to be a silly question, we have all been there at least once or more. Good Luck and Have A Good One.

I like using both 1 tone & 2+ with the 10 Disc setting, I will only dig if the meter reads 45 or higher and I like the Fuzzy sounds that require you to swing The T2 a little faster and sharper to get a cleaner signal. yesterday I was digging up coins and other keepers in a Heavy Iron site that has been Hunted Hard with My Sov. and A Garret Ace 250, I would have two to four nails in the same Hole with a coin and trash as well, what I have learned to do is set my T2 in all metal mode before I dig a plug. This allows me to remove all Iron and see what was really in the Hole, I grab a handful of dirt and swing it across the Coil the old fashion way in all metal after removing allot of dirt out of the Hole, I have been stunned by the amount of Iron that was in the Hole with a good target. Most of the time I do not get a solid reading on the meter, it will jump from 55 to75 or 40 to 85 and for good reasons. More than one target in the Hole and this will always be when you Hunt a Heavy Iron trashy site. I have had good success in the 2+ with Disc at 20 digging the Jumping meter readings and Fuzzy ones as well. I also swing the T2 just like my Sov. in Heavy Iron and get very good depth doing so. Nice even slow swings and short working a small area at a time. This is the Key in Heavy Iron.