Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sssssssnakes!!!!

My sister sent me a box of Xmas presents this week. She included a CD of pictures from her travels (391 pics) this summer.
As I was browsing through them, I came upon these shots taken outside a suburb of Salt Lake City.
Scary?....you decide.
Rick

ForDavidLarsonRattlesnakesatRive-1.jpg

ForDavidLarsonRattlesnakesatRiverto.jpg

ForDavidLarsonRivertonnearLehiandSL.jpg

There are days, as springtime gets underway out west, when those critters pour out of their winter dens and start to head out into their hunting territory. The

first few days they hang around the dens in large numbers.

On one of those days you can find hundreds in a den area. Sometimes thousands.

During a normal warm weather trek, through this same terrain after they disperse, you would find very few unless you were hunting them and knew where to look.

As a young kid, along the Texas Gulf Coast, I helped my Dad smoke 13 out of one den less than a 100 yards from the house we lived in. We lost a dog to

rattler bite and had a couple get pretty sick, but survive.

Over the years I had a few encounters, but would only kill one if it was a definite threat to people by being in the wrong place and I didn't have time to move it

to a safer location.

Seasons Greetings All,

Cupajo

Only the poor snakes den up during the winter. The rich ones go to warmer climates, sip pina coladas and enter sun tanning contests......I believe a Western Diamondback
took second place in the George Hamilton Cocoa-butter Open at Palm Springs last year...
Rick

just vast amounts of snakes laying all over each other like that! Now just watch...........I'll probably have that dream tonight, and then I'll have to send you to your room, Monterey! :rofl: I am not afraid of much, but snakes are one of the few things I am simply terrified of! That and...................well..................how crazy is this???........................mice!!! :)

Sunny,

Your brain is just probably doing a nocturnal re-run from Raiders of the Lost Ark...."snakes...why did it have to be snakes?"
Just get up and have some popcorn at intermission.
Rick