Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spring Hunt with N2Treasure

Buddysox

A while back Duane ( N2Treasure} contacted me and said he was coming to my neck of the woods again and could we set up a hunt. I am always happy to accommodate Midwesterners who want to come out to Arizona and hunt. The ground is tough digging and the oldie coins are far between, but at this time of the year I get a kick out of watching the ice melt off their moustache then they always get giggly finding a clad quarter as they haven't been able to hunt since last October.
The last time Duane was here I took him to a desert park that was a bear to hunt So I thought if he survived that I could at least go to a favorite spot I found that just keeps giving up coins.We met at the park and Duane had a present for me, The annual Best Finds Issue of Treasures Magazine, It was nice as I had not seen the issue yet. ( Of course it just happened to have an article about Duane's find of an 1831 8 Reales Mexican coin in it!).
I have been working this part of the park for a while and have found a few wheat's and a couple of mercs. I was convinced some others were hiding around. One end of the strip I remember was a homeless hangout years ago. I have learned that these hobos of course didn't have much money, but what they did was in cash and in a pocket. With the help of a little Cracklin Rosie and sleeping on the ground they lost a lot of it in the grass. I used the Smartfind screen and Duane used a program that only let him hear the silver. After a nice day of detecting we compared notes and I got a few quarters on him but Duane really spanked me in the Dimes and also came up with a nice Merc in an area that I had been over twice with a SEF coil and a 5"on previous hunts. Now he has me rethinking using more discrimination in everyday hunting, and slowing down more and really working on faint signals. We ended the hunt at around 3:00 to beat the rush hour out of downtown. We both got a good amount of coins and a day out in wonderful weather. We tried to get out one more time while Duane was here but I had committed to some "Honeydo's" and couldn't go that day. Duane said there would be a next time and I'm looking forward to it.

The photos are of Duane just before he found the Merc, and our day's haul on the bumper.

Hey J, just saw the post.....only 10 DAYS LATER! Thanks as ALWAYS for the hospitality and sharing your "secret" spots of silver! In GOLD country no less! Cant wait for the next visit out to see you buddy! Lot's of diggin huh????

Big D