Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spider coil cover removal help

pdunc

Just put a coil cover on my CZ-21 and I am wondering if anyone knows an easy way to get it off without damaging it in order to clean out any sand that may build up between it and the coil. Must be some CZ-20 or 21 users out there who have figured out a way. Did not want to use epoxy to seal it for fear that it might void my warranty. Thanks.

to get a cil cover off without damaging the coil is to refrain from using a coil cover in the first place. I quit using covers a long time ago. There have, however, been several posts covering this dilemma, but I used to warm the coil up with a hair dryer and then work something thin in between the cover and coil and gently pry. Good luck with your endeavor. HH jim tn

I use a very thin, flexible putty knife to push the cover away from the coil (I think it's actually an oil paint spatula but I use it for filling nail holes with wood putty). One of those bogus credit cards that come in the mail would probably work well, also. Start in one of the ribs near the outer ring. Once you get one edge lifted it goes pretty easily. Avoid the temptation to peel it away as it will crack. Just push it a bit and move a little & repeat.

1 A hair dryer.
2 A vacuum cleaner.
3 Compressed air, if at hand.
Once clean and dry, a generous amount of Leak Sealer in coil cover.
Re-fit cover to coil gently and fill any voids using a small brush dipped in Leak Sealer.
The excess can be rubbed of.
I have it on all my CZ-20 coils since 1996 never had to take them off.
ivanll

I found that if you spray the cover with Pam cooking spray and then wipe all you can off , the coil will easily come off after that.

billal