Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spent a couple of hours at a state park

Sandtick

Had some free time and decided to hunt some camp sites. There is so much trash I had to notch out everything below tabs just to be able to walk more then a foot or two. I figured if I hit on any coins I would notch my disc back down and recheck the area.
Worked our pretty good. Found 97 cents in change and two rings. One of them is junk and the other is silver.

Now your back is the one that has to be hurting that is a lot of digging. Nice rings too. I dug about 15 pull tabs today.

n/t

n/t

Nicely done, Sandtick.

Here is Missouri, we can hunt only certain State Parks, and ONLY beach areas. You must get a permit to hunt from the DNR. They are really nice about granting it, but it is pretty restrictive, if you want to get right down to it.

from Missouri DNR detecting permit.....

"Permittee can operate a metal detector ONLY on designated beaches in the following state parks:

Sandy, that pic on the left has a strangely familiar look to it.

It could easily have come from any park here in Australia.

Junk seems to be the same the world over.

That silver ring wouldn't last long around here with my three grandaughters eyeing it off.

Nice work! Congrats on the silver! What machine are you using on the dirt? Your beach machine? :clapping::please:
Mud

Thanks everyone.
7centsworth - yes my back was a little sore that evening for sure, but it was a fun couple of hours.

Mike - I'm going to take that ring to my buddy who owns a jewelry store and have him take a look at the stone.

Nester - Our state parks are not as restrictive. But each park determines where you can and can't detect. The dnr site has a map of each park with highlited areas that are o.k. To hunt.

C.Nyal - I love areas like this. A lot of work but fun. My wife already tried this little ring on, but I think she likes gold more. Too bad I'm not finding any for her.

Mud - Thanks. I'm using a Tesoro Vaquero, but I'm still learning it. Not sure about this machine. Something in my mind keeps me visiting Garrett's site looking at the AT Pro.

That Tesoro Vaquero is one awesome little detector! Great beach machine that goes deep. Had one years ago & still wish I had kept it. Just might buy another one someday.