Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spectrum XLT????

steamer70

Hey,
I was wanting to know what the street/retail value is on a Whites Spectrum XLT?
The trade with the Quantim XT fell through,but I have a chance to trade my PS3 with 12 games for a Spectrum XLT and was wanting to know if it was worth it and how good of a detector they are....anyone have one and have any perspectives on one???
Thanks,Everett

steamer70 said:
Hey,
I was wanting to know what the street/retail value is on a Whites Spectrum XLT?
The trade with the Quantim XT fell through,but I have a chance to trade my PS3 with 12 games for a Spectrum XLT and was wanting to know if it was worth it and how good of a detector they are....anyone have one and have any perspectives on one???
Thanks,Everett
The XLT will get you out of the house, into the fresh air and sunshine. The PS3 only mashes your @#$ while playing it. Were it me, I'd opt for the XLT.

You can also make money with the Spectrum. The recent hoard in England, the find of the century, was found with one, you know.

Now, it would be naive to think that you will find a similar treasure - the odds don't favor it.
But even if all you find is clad and a few jewelry pieces, you'll pay for it in with only a few hours per week of hobby use.

I have yet to see any vid-game do that. All they do is absorb your hard earned cash.The people who make money on vid-games are the people selling them to players at retail prices. Everyone else who uses them are mere consumers.

Street value on the Spectrum with a few extras like coils and so on, is $350, give or take. It also holds it's value better than the PS3, if you take care of it...

UPDATE: Now that the Staffordshire Hoard has been found with a Spectrum XLT, their stock is probably going to go up a bit.

Going price for decent one about 380.00 and 450.00 spectrum xlt e series about 450.00 to550.00 in newer shape and it also depends on coils you get with battery packs rechargeable and extras.The beginning of season up north hold a little more value it is coming to end of season here.Check on ebay and you will see the item and about what they are selling for.Hope this helped.It is still a popular machine you can find stuff just by turning it on and using factory programs take a bout 3 to 5 weeks to really start to get what it is doing.It is a fully programmable detector only can think of few this way Whites xlt dfx and new v-3 some of the minelabs are this way.Meaning you can almost adjust to any area to hunt.other machine are turn on and go few adjustments,but newer technology just depends what you want.XLT are not depth monsters but find a lot of different items they are a great machine to have and learn.To fully learn it takes a while.There are programs you can enter you find on the web that accomplish different hunting scenarios .Here is one site http://66.51.97.78/jb/ go to column on left and click on spectrum programs and spectrum tips. Hope this helps

the model that preceded the Spectrum XLT.

Monte

Monte said:
the model that preceded the Spectrum XLT.

Monte
One of the pics I saw showed Mr Herbert with one of the rainbow sided models, with the word "Spectrum" on the side. I probably got it confused, although I swear it said XLT. Sorry for the confusion.

AS to whether the OP should get the detector or keep the vidgame system, well... that is an easy decision.