Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

spear point

Heath

This copper spear point is something all of us would like to find. It is from a private collection and was found on a farm in the early 1970's in northeastern ND. The owner is looking for a price value on the spear point. Does anyone know prices or books on this kind of item? This is authentic. :minelab::shrug:

Has anyone ran across a guidon tip (use on the end of the units identification flag such as the calvary)??? The end is extremely round with a long shank as if it could be inserted into a wood staff. There isn't any binding flats on the shank for rawhide strapping. This item was found within a mile or so from an old fort.

It sure looks real to me, but cant tell you the date or what it is worth. I put a picture of one of 2 I found, both look the same style and shape, but this one has a crack in it I post here. The other one is in a collection that is shown around the area of different Indian artifacts. I was told this one came from a band of Indian from Wisc and I have seen many posted that looks like your too from Wisc. Mine is not as long and was a arrow point while yours looks like a spear point. Look at yours too and see if one side is more flat while the other is more curved too.
Anyway I was told mine posted was between 500 and 1500 years old, but not 100 percent certain and i feel the one you have posted will be in that neighborhood too. This one was found in a small town ballfields in east central ND while my perfect one was found in a college campus in Crookston, MN
I wish I had a picture of a nice one found in Western MN that is about 7 or 8 inches long found by one of my hunting partners. It was taken to a local college and was told it was 3500-6000 year old. He sold it to a private collector for $800. Mine I was told was worth from $400-$500, so I feel the one you posted will be more, but I will donate mine to a museum first so others can see it, it is on loan to a local historical group right now for veiwing.
[attachment 20261 scanner029.jpg]