Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

speaker plug

jery

I guess i am gonna become a left-handed swinger, as the plug is on the wrong side for us right handers. I wonder why the engineers didnt realize that most are right handed. Jery

Theres several things you can do Jery.

1. Move the plug to the rear, under the arm cuff. This is a modification done by many, myself included. It isnt too difficult.

2. Use a right angled plug on your headphone wire and simply turn the plug completely under so the wire exits off the left underside.

3. Practice left hand swinging, which is not a bad thing, from an ergonomic standpoint.

4. Ensure you use a headphone with a coiled cable. Any straightwire cable is gonna be in the way, all the time.

I agree, though. If Garrett was gonna put the plug jack on the control unit, at least have it so you insert from the front, like Fisher and others (including Garrett) has done over the years. It's a niggling detail, but it can be a nuisance

A lot of us become right and left handed swingers with our machines. It's probably healthier for your back too. And.....you can also go out with two different detectors at times (I do quite often) and run them alternately or at the same time. And it works! :)

<center>