Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spanish coin

Wow! that's awesome! The detail is absolutely stunning, when I see something like that I can only imagine the history behind it.

Now, what is the story with your find, give us some information please. Thanks for sharing.

Good Hunting! Q

Boy I get happy just finding a silver dime!! Sure wish I could find one of those.What a great find. You lucky dog.Where do you find something like that?I live in Pa. any chance of finding one here? How deep was it?

Dave, I'm pretty sure I saw posted that geordiefred lives England. Better chances of finding older coins and relics than either you in Pa, or myself in Jersey.
Last week I did find my oldest coin - a chinese coin from the Emperor HSUAN TSUNG AD 1821-1850 era. S-1512, "BOO CIOWAN" (Board of Revenue mint). The Manchu mint name translates to Pao-Ch'uan, or "The Fountain head of the Currency". Unfortunately there are not individual years, so I can't tell what year specifically it was minted.. I thought it was a rusty washer. It doesn't look as good as these attachments...

http://calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#tao%20kuang

Yes I am pleased with the condition & detail of the coin, only one small clip but not worn at all. I found it in a pasture field which is about 500 yards from a large Manor house, I have detected this area a few times over the years with several detecing machines & found nothing of any worth. I was reluctant to search it again for that reason, but a friend suggested we give it a go ( he was using his minelab x-terra 705 & I had my safari ) boy what a difference a few years makes with detecting depths! We started to dig worked lead more or less from the start ( allways a good sign) I managed a musket ball in the first 1/2 an hr which spurred on my friend who found a Georgian watch winder , a lead coin weight & a broken old horse bridle again proberly Georgian. We both found Victorian & Georgian pennies & half pennies. Some of the finds were realy deep & it was hard digging 1 large item found at 2ft by myself ( dont know what it is but its old & proberly was part of something ) We were about to call it a day & had a 200 yard walk to the car, I asked my friend if he would like a go on the safari which he jumped at & within 5 minutes of using his x-terra I picked up a good coin signal. He came back & asked if I had found anything I said yes run the safari over this spot ( the safari number was 38 & it showed as 40 on the x-terra 705 ) I started to dig but the Garret pro pointer didn't pick it up strait off, & as it was quite deep I thought it might be a coke can or another large piece of worked lead! Almost gave up for that reason then I saw it in the hole I thought it was a hammered coin ( even gave it the old spit & rub test for real silver ) couldn't quite take it in & it didn't dawn on me till the next day what I had found. Needless to say we didn't pack in detecting after the coin popped up & stayed for another 2 hrs with no luck, even went back the next day for a more thourgh search ( few more Victorian pennies but that's it ) It was identified as an early milled coin on the Detecting Wales web site here in UK:ukflag:
so not a hammered coin as first thought but still pretty cool though:thumbup:my best coin yet ( hammered still on my wish list )
cheers all the best & good hunting
Fred

WOW! ..... If I was able to make a find like that I would be
doing the "Happy Dance" 365 days a year!

It's breath taking for sure!

What a BEAUTY!!!:thumbup: I rarely find silver, and when i do it is either badly worn, 20th century or COMPLETELY SMOOTH (and bent as a love token)! that's a real prize find geordie fred, congrats!:clap: