Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign xs2 disassemble

68coronado

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to gain access to the inside of the control box of my xs2. My goal is to remove the existing battery contacts and replace them with a connector for my new battery pack. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Its been awhile since I did the black box one but I think its as simple as removing two screws by the cable connector at the back of the box, then I put a headphone plug into the socket in the front and just wiggle a little and pulled and it all slides out. Be mindful not to pull to far as the battery wires are connected on that model if I remember right. Make sure the battery is out and the cover is off so you can monitor how far you can pull it out.

Neil got it right as it is not hard to do. The 2 screws come out by the cable connection and then I will push on the connection a little to get it started to slide out of the control box. It seem like most of them the front panel seems to fits tight and seem to stick on the control box so like Neil says you may have to put the headphones in to help pull out the control panel. Just work with it a little as it will come out and when it does it will slide out a bit and you will see where the battery leads connect to the circuit board which is a plug in so it is easy to take the wire off and change the connector. The ones I have done of the XS2 and the XS2a I removed the battery contact board after apart and unsolder the wires and spliced new wires with the correct plug for the battery you are going to use and make sure you tie a knot big enough on the inside of the box so the battery wire can not be pulled off the controls if by chance the door comes open and the battery falls out, kind of ruins the day if it does.

Good Luck.

Rick