Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign XS - Hunt in DISC or ALL METAL??

sacul

Hi! I coin hunt in soil with a Sovereign XS - Should I hunt in Discrimination mode or All Metal mode? I mostly hunt in older ground that is free of modern trash. What is your opinion on the best approach? Each mode appears to have advantages and disadvantages! Thanks! Dave

Dave,I wouldn't use all metal unless you want to dig lots of trash.Have the discriminate and notch turned completely down and cherry pick.Saves time and work

in all metal you will pick up every bit of iron in the ground which is usually loads in older sites, nails, boot tacks iron flake of all kinds etc...... only advantage i can see is it won't null, but don't let that worry you as good stuff will come through that null if you take your time.
Its different on a beach where there is usually less overall targets/metal

I wouldnt detect land without discrim unless I planned on hunting out a spot. I normally cherry pick the good signals with discrim just knocking out the ringpulls which is about 12oclock... I find on our UK coins it knocks out 5p,10,50p... but the gold wedding bands can still come through clear. Not sure about thing diamond rings though as I havent any to test.. On the beach where targets are few and far between I would be in all metal. It is deeper as the deep targets give a whisper on the threshold whereas in disc the signal starts to break up...