Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign XS-2 Pro Question....How do I?

Tim in WA

How do I rig up "2500 BATTERY & CHARGER FOR MINELAB SOVEREIGN XS" for my XS-2 Pro? Ebay item http://www.ebay.com/itm/181285141964?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT?

Any tips would be appreciated. My NiCad is toast.

Regards,

Tim

I can't quite remember what the battery compartment looks like in yours, but I would think all you need to do is put a mate to that battery on the end of your battery leads. The seller should be able to sell you the female end you need to plug into the battery. It will probably look like the one on the end of the charger.

If you have the little circuit board that gets pushed up against the two springs all you need to do is find the wires to the springs.

Tim,the conversion would require a pigtail with a N female plug to replace your plate for your alkaline packs.The XS-2 battery pressure contact plate,must be removed and the pos and neg wires removed and soldered to a straight 2.4mm male computer plug.This 2.4mm male plug now plugs into your rechargeable pack or your pigtail on the alkaline packs With the correct parts(Radio Shack) will take a bout 20 minutes and around 10 dollars for parts.Good Luck Ron

The couple I did was what Ron was saying, slid the circuit board out of the case and you will see where the battery wire connect to the circuit board. This just plugs in to the board so it should unplug easy and now the whole circuit board will slide all the way out. Now I was able to take out the battery contact board and the wires and cut or desolder the wire from the board and run a new wire with the right connector that fits the battery though a hole or make one where the battery board was and connect it to the wire that plugs into the main circuit board. Plug it back in the board and slide everything back together and install your battery and you will be all set. One thing I did too was tie a knot or something on the wire that is inside the control box so you don't accidentally pull the wire too far when changing battery to pull if off the main circuit board.
When doing this make sure you keep the polarity correct. This does work real good.

Rick

Charge your battery and fit it into the sliding plastic compartment do-hicky. To keep mine simple, I just cut the end off a transformer that fit the battery, cut a short length and soldered the stripped wire leads directly to the springs (after checking for polarity). The only tricky part may be ensuring they don't get pinched when closing it (it's a tight fit).

I've been using mine for months with no trouble... this battery lasts much longer than the original NiCad too!
2wnmj6b.jpg
1550203.jpg
250qcqx.jpg

I would remove the pressure plate,gives more room less clutter.Once the plate is removed its very easy to add the connector on the two wires.Most important part make sure you are correct with the positive and negative when the connector is installed.

Hello, I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with my xs-2, how does the circuit board witht the springs remove, does it just slide out or is it held captive by something? Thanks