Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Strikes Silver / Amber Gold

D Wes

My son now owns my Sovereign, His first detector. After showing him the basics he got a good high tone and ask me to help him pinpoint.
This is his first dig. about 6 inches deep in my back yard he got rewarded with a 1925 Quarter in very good condition. I just don't know how my partner and I missed that one, and all the other coins he has found in the yard. I now have a new Detecting Partner who seems to have a magical touch and a strong Passion for Metal Detecting, I couldn't be Happier. Our House was built sometime in the late 1800's and it just keeps producing good finds. Now to top it off, Amber my four Legged best friend Loves to dig to. she went over to a hole I just dug and filled and started digging making the hole bigger, I went over to fill it back in and a few words to her to find a 14k wedding band she dug up. I told her she could dig all she wanted from now on and apologized to her. I hope you all had a good laugh and enjoyed this, Good Hunting.
D Wes

That was a nice find your Son made the first time out must be beginners luck which will give a newbie a lot of confidence.I bet there is a lot more good finds in your yard too you and your son will be finding. Back many years ago at my house I used to own and was old I got over 130 coins in 3 years by going back over it many many time only to have my wife get a silver quarter and a very old Lady's ring I had missed. I wish I still had that house now that I have a Sovereign as i bet there was still many coins there.
I think your 4 legged friend is a born detectorist too and don't need a detector to do his finding.

Great story and good luck on finding more.

Rick