Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOVEREIGN - SE ??????????????

stevecoleccs

I know the SE has a meter, ok, cool.... most of us hut by sound anyway. My question is I'm upgrading from a Xterra 70 & wanted a deeper machine. Would the SOVEREIGN be as good as an SE for coins? Does the SOVEREIGN have the same discrimination as the SE? Bottom line is which would be a better coin hunter? Many thanks in advance! I hunt in Ga, not much beach hunting.

You can get a meter for the Sov as well. Those that are skilled with the Sov swear by it. It handles most areas pretty darn good. Its 17 freq instead of 28 and the channels are set at 1.5 kHz in stead of randum like the SE. Its BBS in lieu of FBS. The Sov uses nobs and the SE has a smart and digital screen so if you are used to the bells and whisels you may want to choose the SE. It disc very well you just use knobs... if i remember correctly it knotches too. Plus the SE is pricer than the Sov. On the Beach some prefer the Sov. It can be hip mounted and is lighter and better balanced. Id suggest you down load the manuals for both from the minelab website. I chose the SE when i was doing my research but i dont think i would have been disappointed in the Sov. I just got a great deal i couldnt pass up. HH

Dew

I went from a Tesoro Silver uMax to a Sov (w/ various meters and coils) to an SE. While I really miss some aspects of the Sov (analog sound would be primary) my finds have increased exponentially with the SE. I'd say go for the SE unless you're in mainly going for relics or on the beach. (Though there's always the E-Trac, of which I know little about--waiting until they come out with a Explorer emulator FE version.) Though from what I've read, a lot of folks really like the Explorer II better than the SE in some respects. For either Explorer the Pro coil is better than the stock.