Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT Question

TwT

I have asked this question on other forums about other detectors and so for I like the Garrett GTI 1500 with different coils but here goes so if any of you read this before forgive me, I am looking for a detector that I can hunt relics (mostly), beach (4 weeks a year) and some prospecting (some), I was told by someone they would recommend the Sovereign GT so I desided to come to this forum and ask the same question, I was also told to look into a tereso Tiger shark, But what I need is someone that has used these detectors for these 3 type's of hunting that I want to do, and yep I want to hunt wet sand also... any responses will be appreciated!!

GT is better in all 3 areas mentioned.And Better than detectors mentioned.I've never been out hunted by either detector mentioned,,ever,,period.

Tiger shark great great for fresh water, but beware, in salt water you will most definately have a problem with salt and mineralization. I know someone who bought tiger shark,, kicked butt in fresh water lakes but torture in the salt water.

I have GT and Excal. Love them both. GT is still a little work to get used to but OH MY GOD! GT rocks and will make you dig the deep stuff that everyone else misses.

I was reading the manual for the GT and it shows installing a meter but looking at the pictures I have not seen a meter, thought it was just a sound machine, can someone clarify this for me? after some more research I found a pic on kellyco web page, looks like it would make for a easier hunt... thanks for the help, I believe I am going to get the GT, seems to fit what I have been looking for....:thumbup: :super:

SovGTmeterL.jpg

On the GT the meter is a add on feature that makes it easy to learn the detector. The meter will give you digital numbers so it will help you with the tones in disc only as the meter shows no real info in all metal which you will use for prospecting. The GT also hates iron in disc, so if you want iron relics then it too will have to be used in all metal mode and the meter is worthless. Now where the meter works the best is for coin hunting on land as there is different tones and different numbers for different targets. For beach hunting and wanting the gold jewelry you have to dig everything that give a positive signal in disc.
I really don't know how well the GT will work for prospecting as I never tired it, but for coin hunting in parks and beach hunting it is hard to beat.

yup think in the next few weeks I'm going to order a GT with the read out meter, I know it will be a learning curve to it but that should be fun also but thats the way I do thing, get what i want the learn to use it, bought my first motorcycle in 2002 and it took some learning and getting use to the weight of it but its the first bike I every owned
YUP a 2002 Ultra Classic, just always want one...

f4ff4926.jpg

i think the meter is a great when you first start using the GT. it will help you with the learning curve in getting to learn your sounds. after practice you know your sounds and theyll stop you on a dime. i have both the minelab meter and the patriot meter which ive since taken off to lessen the weight but it definitly a great piece of a equipment to start off with.
stan

I have a GT with meter and S-1 probe, a Tejon, and a T2. For relic hunting I use the T2, sometimes I will use the Tejon if there is no trash or junk. In July I went to the beach in FL. I used both the GT and the T2 on the beach, mostly the T2 as long as I was on the beach. If, however, you want to wade a little the T2 will not handle the saltwater, freshwater is ok but not salt. The GT was fairly stable as long as I wasn't taking it in and out of the water but on the sand... the T2 was as good and much lighter. Relic hunting I much prefer the T2 over the Gt, it signals on MANY more targets and I like to hear it all.
I started out with the GT and it IS a good machine but it is heavy and not, imo, as sensitive and the T2 or the Tejon or an MXT for that matter.

Good luck...

J

Ok, if I had to choose the best detector for the three different type of hunts I want to do, which would be the best Sovereign GT of the DFX??