Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign for Prospecting???

jkasta

After much research I am leaning towards the Sovereign to purchase. It appears that as a coin hunter and beach comber it will do quiet well, am I correct? Also, I plan to take a trip out to relatives in the Phoenix area this summer and would like to try some nuggetshooting. Is the Sovereign good for gold prospecting? What special techniques must one use to hunt for gold with it? Any info would be useful.
thanks in advance.

It certainly is a good coin and beach hunter,one of the very best

As for prospecting well I've done some testing of my GT with lead shot and it won't find the very tiny ones,however any nugget bigger than a BB should be found,a small coil will also make it sharper on nuggets.

My uncle used to use one many years ago before he got his SD 2200 and he found nuggets with his, and they werent small nuggets either :biggrin:
Cheers! from Australia.

The lastest version (GT) stands for Gold and Treasure. Yes it will serve as a nugget shooter. You will use the features found in the All Metal mode. It is an excellent coin, relic, beach/jewelry, cache and nugget shooter. I've used every model made by Minelab (since 1992) and still use them. The GT is the best Sovereign yet.
Good hunting,
David@Dixie

The responses are encouraging for nugget hunting using the Sov. Are there any special techniques to using it in the nugget patches? How is the ground balancing? Manual? Any autotrak?