Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sovereign elite 550 meter

elvin

I have never been able to set the meter as high as 550. The highest it will read is 530 on the meter. This is with the pot fully clockwise (following the manual with the right coin) which is the highest i can set it. The instrument was purchased new and I don't think it should be fully clocwise to get this reading. I am hesitant to go into the workings as it is on warranty.

From what you say it has been like this since you bought it new, right?? If this is the case see your dealer you bought it from as he should be able to send the meter in for you or check it out to see if everything is right. If you bought it from a Internet dealer than it may be better you contact them or maybe even call Minelab and tell them the problem and I am sure they can fix you right up.
Now if this was bought used then there is no warranty and you still maybe able to send it in for repair at a reasonable cost. If it was used and no warranty then you maybe want to take it apart and check it out as moisture can cause this to do what you are saying or the course calibration control inside can be set so it will read higher than the 530 you are getting on a new quarter or dime.
Remember to set the calibration in disc and use a new quarter or dime works the best as it is the highest conductivity coin you will get a 550 on.

Rick

Thanks Rick. The Elite was purchased new this past summer. You say it sounds like it is in the meter. That should not be a problem then as I will contact the supplier. They will likely not approve of me to go into the workings of the instrument. I am in Canada, and it was purchased in U.S. Great instrument. A friend has an old sov. dates back 20 years and he still loves it today. I don't know why I waited so long to follow him. I have a lot to learn, but knowledgable people like you are a great help.