Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign coil wire question

scott-devon

I've just bought a sov 8" bbs coil and on receiving it I find the fellow has shortened the cable to the point where it will not reach the control box using the rear mount, not even direct from the coil to the box! So.... what type and gauge of wire is used? I see it has a 6 pin connector so I'm assuming it has to be a 6 conductor shielded wire but my question is.. Does it have to be the same guages on the wires inside? Also, I was told by an electronic shop that I could use an 8 conductor wire and simply not wire two of them. I'm not sure about that as the wires are thinner.

Help!??

Hi Scott..........

You only need 4 wires ......

Pins 1,2,3, and 4.

# 22 wire should be good enough. # 24 might even be good, but would go with #22 if possible.

Larger wire might be difficult to work with.

HH

Ralph at SunRay makes a extension cable to use for those that have cables too short like yours is. I think these are around $20 and it has the female end on one end of the cable and the male on the other, so you just connect it up and ready to go and don't have to do any soldering or worry about the wires.