Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign 8'' concentric coil

D Wes

I just bought a Sovereign-Org. Owned one back in the mid 90's and really
enjoyed it. The only weakness that I encountered was hard dry fluffy soil.
I seen a 8" concentric coil on Kellyco web site and was thinking this might be a good coil for these conditions. Any comments welcomed.
My best find ever was with the Minelab Sovereign. It was the only machine
that could hunt the heavy infested ground with coal cinders at the old schools we hunted. Many walked away frustrated and defeated.

I wish you all great success and much to brag about in your finds this year. Wes

Have not seen any reports for the concentric for the Sov. It has been around for the Explorer for a little while, but is only VERY recent for the Sov.

That loose airy dirt does not go well with a Sov as they like uniformly moist, well compacted, and uniform mineral dirt. The concentric may not be any improvement.

I have found that all metal works much better in loose or airy dirt, but you have to figure out how to discriminate then.
Could be better to take a depth loss in disc mode that to dig a big hole to check in disc mode after locating in all metal.

HH

The Concentric coil for the Sov has been around as long as the one for the Explorer, and just like the one for the Explorer, the concentric coils excel in lower mineralization.

JW

I missed that somehow. Guess it was because I never heard them mentioned for a Sov until I saw them on your site just a little while back.

While we're at it, wahat is the difference between Excellerator and Excellerator 2?

HH

I ALSO HAVE THE ORIGINAL SOVEREIGN AND I FIND IT HARD TO HUNT IN THIS TYPE OF SOIL.I ALSO OWN THE GARRETT MASTERHUNTER ADS 7 AND THIS MACHINE WITH THE MANUAL GROUND BALANCE I FIND IT REALLY HANDLES THE SOIL WELL WITH GOOD DEPTH IN ALL METAL AND DIS.IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO OWNS ONE,TRY IT,NOT A BAD MACHINE FOR BEING 20 YEARS OLD.