Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sov XS shows the light of day to a 101 yr old Merc!

gfatizzi

The heat wave finally broke in upstate NY so I headed down to my favorite Hudson River bank site to look for ANY kind of silver or old copper.
Turns out I wasn't disappointed! The ole' Sov almost ALWAYS comes through for me, even after 25 years of hunting this site. It is easily the toughest matrix of sand I have ever hunted: loaded with brick, rocks, coke and IRON everywhere. The odds were against me with the 12X13 NEL Tornado coil in this mess but I still managed the Merc, a 1965 memorial and an old key as well as the usual 22 shell casings, the occasional bullet and lead scraps.
I use this Sov XS exclusively now and it's the only detector I care to own. I have never been able to mesh with the digital offerings out there. I think the biggest reason why is because I would waste so much time making adjustments and looking at a meter. I hunt strictly by sound and the Sov's language is 2nd to none! HH, George
PXL_20240624_163838030~2.jpg

George,

I figured you would be back using the Sovereign and sure enough you are again. its hard to use anything once you know how well the Sovereign can get the good signals other detectors walk over, nice to try others, but I too always come back to my Sovereigns as well as it works. Too bad they are no longer being made as I would have like to see with some improvement in the weight as that was one of the only draw backs.

Good luck George and I am sure we will see more great finds with your SovereignXS

Rick