Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sov XS 2A Pro Vs Exploer II

scars

I purchased a Sov XS 2A Pro a few years back and then bought the Explorer. Has anybody used both machine's and would you suggest re- hunting my old sites over with the Sov. Thanks in Baltimore.

Even if you rehunted your sites with the sov. you are bound to find more stuff. Chances are you passed one or two directions over the area. now cover it in oppposite directions. Try after a rain storm, copper likes to be wet and silver likes to be dry. Nothing is ever hunted out.

Go for it

Having had both, the question is whether or not you are in for a very long learning curve on the explorer; these are 2 radically different. machines. One is virtually turn on and go, the other is much more detailed.

I know of someone who is using a 2 A Pro and has pulled a good bit of seated coinage at 7 to 8 inches with a 8" coil. That sounds like it has the same potential as the explorer if the explorer is maxed out. Do you think they are the same? Thanks

With either the Sovereign or the Explorer they will only be as good as you understand them. I have dug some might deep coins with the Sovereign and the 8 inch coinsearch coil, have also with the Explorer too, but to me I can tell my good from the bad with the Sovereign over the Explorer and do more digging with the Explorer. If you know a Sovereign well it will do great and get great depth, but if you dont you will dig a lot of trash too and only coins not real deep. I have some that went from the Sovereign to the Explorer and dont look back while others will use a Sovereign, get a Explorer and in amonth get a Sovereign back again. It all depends on how well you know each detector as they are both good, but the Explorer can ID the dimes from the quarters while the Sovereign cant.

Explorer vs Sovereign in Iron trash ?

I went to a site today that has huge potential IMHO. Unortunately no matter how I set-up the Sovereign it was stuck in null null land, even in auto (using the 8" Coinsearch). I switched it from discriminate to all metal mode and sure enough there was iron trash everywhere.

How does the Explorer handle iron trash ?

I use the little 5 inch coil to see in between the trash plus I run ferrous tones and run in iron mask on the SE set at 30, which is almost all metal. Now I have very little nulling and hear most everything and listen for the tones of a good target. Sometimes when I don't want to listen to all the different tones I will use my big T pattern where I have everything on the top open big enough so I can hear all my high conductivity targets and a wider strip going up and down though the middle so I will hear my nickles and also most pull tabs too and also use my tones for the ones I want to dig and double check with the smartfind.
Now I also have done OK with the Sovereign too in some of these places, but have to run lower sensitivity and go real slow as you can not accept iron with a Sovereign in disc and you have no tone ID in all metal.